NEED help in URL for nested collections

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

hiii.. 

My store contain  nested collections and for SEO i need to show proper url for all collections.

like store has Necklace collection and under necklaces there are sub collections like Pendant, choker etc

If i select Pendant from Necklace dropdown url come as-  store/collection/pendant....

but i wist it should come as- store/collection/necklace/pendant..

i used link list menu items for creating sub collection.

you can check it on my store https://tanzire.co/

thanks in advance..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi there @tanzire!

Don here from Shopify. :)

URL paths are generated procedurally here at Shopify depending on the nature of the page (collection, product page, etc.).

As such, it is not possible to edit the root path of a collection URL in that manner.

You can find the editable portion of any such URLs at the bottom of the page editor in your admin:

_19-08-imyq2-nr84y

Clicking on 'Edit website SEO' will show you what parts of a given page's URL you can edit in Shopify.

There's a bit more info about this functionality here on our help site that you can check out. 

I trust this clarifies your options in this regard for you.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

thanks Don all i want is URl as i see on this shopify store here is the link: https://themodernshop.com/

as you can check in this store if you navigate  in shop and then in lighting section when you open fans then the url is store/collection/lighting/fans 

same thing i want to implement in my store 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 50 103

Hi again @tanzire!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Due to our privacy and security policies here we are unable to confirm or deny if a given store is using Shopify as their e-commerce solution.

As such, we cannot comment in any way on how other stores are set up, whether on Shopify or not. 

It might be worth checking in with your theme developers to see if there is any way you can organise your store's navigation to work with their theme in order to get the navigation set up in such a way as to display according to your liking.

Best of luck!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi Tanzire

I'm wanting to do exactly the same thing using nested collections for SEO - I'm using a top row of collections on my Nav bar, the rest are all filtered on tags. But I think it's better to create collections for all lower levels in my nav menu too so I can add SEO to these lower levels. I have the same concern with the URL structure (i.e. when I navigate to clothing --> men --> t-shirts I want to see .../clothing/men/t-shirts in the URL. I checked your store and see you sorted this out - can you offer some advice?

My store is here: https://madebyartisans.co.za

Thanks
Mark

0 Likes