NO INTERNET CONNECTION ERROR - PAGES

taylove
Visitor
2 0 3

My "Updates" Page won't let me edit. But I can edit everything else. It won't even let me unpublish and I know it isn't my internet connection. Please advise. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.59.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.59.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.58.51 PM.png

Replies 23 (23)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @taylove!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Thank you for sending in some screenshots to show the issue you're facing. That definitely seems like an odd error, and I'm glad to help work through this with you. I have some steps for you to take to troubleshoot this issue, but I'd also love to get some more information if those don't do the trick. Let's try the steps first: 

• Check that your internet browser is fully updated to the latest version
  • Clear your cache and cookies
  • Try in an incognito / private browser session
  • Try the above steps in an alternate internet browser

If those steps fail, please reply back to this post and let me know the following additional information so I can get some more context on the problem, and determine our next best steps: 

• When did this first occur? 
  • Did you install any new applications prior to this occurring?
  • Has the problem ever appeared in the past? 
  • Is the issue always persisting, or are there any moments where you're able to edit the "Updates" page? 

Looking forward to hearing back, and I hope to see this issue resolved shortly for you! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Blandy
Tourist
5 0 0

I am getting this too on the 'preferences' page for my website.  Very frustrating as I need to fill out the analytics info and shop descriptions etc etc, but I can save anything on this page! I've tried all the steps you suggested.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 13.52.12.png

Please help!

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @Blandy!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the thread!

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing a similar issue with the "No Internet Connection" error message. I see you mention trying the above steps I posted. Thank you for trying those out. Since those didn't seem to fix the issue, do you have an alternate device (another computer or a mobile device) you can test on as well? This would help us determine if the issue is device related, or possibly something with the Shopify admin. Also, could you please tell me when this error first appeared for you, and if it has been persistently appearing since it first occurred?

Blandy
Tourist
5 0 0
Hey there. I actually managed to do this - But I had to go from Chrome to Safari. It’s just on that page at the moment it seems. I can do this way round for now, but it is slightly annoying having to change browsers to get around it. lol
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Thank you for getting back to me, @Blandy!

I absolutely see how that would be annoying. I'm glad to hear it's working on Safari, though! Since it's working on Safari, that tells me that it is likely a temporary issue with the Chrome browser. I suggest performing the steps I outlined in my post above once again, as usually updating the browser or clearing the cache and cookies (https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic) will resolve these sorts of browser-related issues. We don't currently have any reports of this being a wide-spread issue, but if any more information comes up on this, I will reach out and let you know here!

Doofenshmirtz
Visitor
1 0 4

I am getting this on only one of my webpages. I have updated Chrome and cleared the cache. This is definitely a Shopify side issue.

DaxiaDigital
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm having the same issue today. It only started after the latest Shopify update. I've cleared cache, logged out & in, etc. I CANNOT update my page.

Note: This ONLY affects Chrome.

msc011
Visitor
1 0 0

I get this issue on my iPad ALL THE TIME!  I have deleted, updated the app, restarted, signed out, etc.  It randomly occurs and only with the Shopify app.  Every other web-site, and every other computer, iPhone, laptop has service with no interruptions.

psswf1172
Visitor
1 0 0

Running into this same issue on the Preferences setting page while trying to set up shop. Using the latest stable Chrome release (Version 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (x86_64)) on a macbook. Switching to Safari allowed the changes to be saved. The errors in the console suggest there are characters on the page that React does not recognize. 

Pat12345
Visitor
1 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.39.22 PM.png

Same issue here. When I am trying to add a theme its showing No Internet connection

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @Pat12345!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community, and to this thread! 

It looks like you're running into some problems while trying to install a new theme on your Shopify account. I'm happy to help out with this! I'm not sure if you had a chance to review my initial reply in this thread, but the first step in resolving the problem you're experiencing is going to be trying the following troubleshooting: 

• Check your browser for any available updates and complete them if able
  • Clear your browsers cache and cookies
  • Access your shop in a private / incognito browsing session and try again
  • Try in an alternate browser and complete the above steps again
  • Try on an alternate device and complete the above steps again

Please complete those steps and try once again to install the theme in question. If the issue persists after trying the above steps, please reply back here and let me know so we can take a closer look into this together. 

Thrivous
Tourist
6 0 6

Same problem occurring intermittently here too. Looks like Shopify needs to fix something.

Thrivous is a human enhancement company. Its mission is to help people access technology with the greatest potential to improve their brains and bodies. In pursuit of that mission, it develops and distributes evidence-based nootropics for cognitive enhancement, including Clarity, the daily nootropic to improve focus, memory, and mood, and to support brain function.
Thrivous
Tourist
6 0 6

This appears to be associated with web filtering by web proxies on some networks. Shopify may have adjusted the code for portions of the admin console to reference a server that appears suspicious to common web proxies.

Thrivous is a human enhancement company. Its mission is to help people access technology with the greatest potential to improve their brains and bodies. In pursuit of that mission, it develops and distributes evidence-based nootropics for cognitive enhancement, including Clarity, the daily nootropic to improve focus, memory, and mood, and to support brain function.
jimsig1963
Visitor
1 0 1

This happened to me as well.  I disconnected from my home wifi and tethered to my phone.  It fixed the problem.  Not sure why or how, but I'm glad it worked.  Hopefully it will work for anyone who has this problem in the future!

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 2.32.05 AM.png

Shahzad_
Visitor
1 0 2

Just figured out for my issue, too many admin consoles were open like may be 3-5 in order update the products. So simply I did following steps and issue was fixed. Hope this will help others as well. Thanks.

1. Clear the cache of the browser 

2. Close all shopify pages, or even all other pages

3. Open new browser with new login 

4. And now it's working properly.

may be universal solution also work for you is restart computer or device.

Abbelaio
Visitor
1 0 0

I had a similar problem but it was related to the router because when I replaced the router with a new one, the problem disappeared. By the way, if I have any problems with pages or google docs, I try not to get nervous and remember that once we had an Internet network with low speed and we had more patience to wait for pages to load. When fiber became available to everyone, we got high-speed Internet and if there is any problem with the network or loading pages, we lose patience and want a quick solution to all problems. And I can say that we should appreciate what we have and remember that once a good Internet and new technologies were not available to us. So, be patient and take care of your health, especially in such a difficult period as a pandemic. If you have problems with your Internet connection, I recommend contacting the company that provides fiber optic business solutions. We've found a company that helps us to solve all the problems related to the Internet network and telecommunications in a short time.

joeybab3
Shopify Partner
113 16 27

Still getting this even today

OUICHEF
Visitor
3 0 0

I can report this is still happening almost - but not quite - 3 years later. I can't duplicate my theme to test things out. 

powelles
Visitor
1 0 0

Still happening and it's maddening.

Medivital
Tourist
5 0 1

Updating Chrome to the newest version worked in fixing this problem for me. This can be done by running a Safety Check in the Privacy and Security section in Chrome's Settings.

Visitor
1 0 1

Yes, this just worked for me too! Thank you for that.

jeremymichels
Tourist
9 0 2

yes I am facing the same problem like this.I have an internet connection but no apps google works.If someone had solution please contact me.I am very helpful to you.Thank you

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hey @jeremymichels 

If you are having issues like this please don't hesitate to connect with our authenticated support team for further assistance. Our chat support will be happy to troubleshoot this with you. To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center. Open the AI chat and type "contact support" to get started. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog