Hello dear friends!
I started my shopify store 3 Days ago, With a Tech niche but after no success i changes it to leggings , bras and jewelry! I har Facebook ads and instagram ads , I've spent 30$ on ads! I got over 150 visitors, but no one buys, what have i done wrong, and what Can i Do to make my first sale?
My shop is: www.urtechprocider.com
My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.
It takes time to start making sales and it's perfectly normal to not make any sales when you first start a store - even if your store gets traffic. I took a look at your website and have some feedback which will help your visitors have trust in your website and in turn help increase your ability to make sales.
1) When I went to your website, I did not get a sense of who you are and what exactly you sell. When viewing your catalog, there is a mixture of women's clothing and electronics mixed together. You may want to consider thinking about the type of people that you would like to sell to and having your website sell to a niche market.
For example, your business seems to sell lots of women's fitness clothing. You could sell electronics as well but make it more suited to fitness. Things like headphones to wear while exercising, watches, and Bluetooth speakers would work, while keyboards and mousepads would not. This is just an example of making a store suit a particular niche - you can customize your business any way that you like.
2) When you have a solid idea of what type of business you would like to have, it's time to create an About Us page. The About Us page is how you are going to greet your visitors when they visit your website. Shopify has two blog posts that I would like you to check out. The first one is called How to Get a Date With George Clooney (or Write the Perfect Ecommerce About Page) (great name for a blog post right!).
After reading about great ways to make an About Us page, you will want to know why your business is unique from the many other online stores out there. To separate yourself from the pack, we have a recent blog post that I myself just finished reading called Value Propositions: What They Are and How to Create Them (with Examples) that I highly encourage you to read over and begin to think about what value you bring to your customers and the best way to display convey that information to your visitors.
3) On your homepage, there are two bra collections. You may want to put both of them together.
4) Two key pages that people who shop online on a consistent basis look for when they visit a new online store is a Refund Policy and a Contact Page. Shopify has a built-in Refund Policy template that you can edit to suit your business. We have the steps on how to create a Refund Policy here. These steps also have the option to add a Terms of Service and Privacy Statement to your store if you wish. Next, you will need to copy and paste your Refund Policy to a page using these steps. Remember to add that Refund Policy to your navigation when you are done. Most people put their refund policy on the footer of their website.
To create a Contact Page, follow the steps here. Be sure to complete step 5 that asks you to select page.contact in the Template section. You will need to add the Contact Page to your navigation as well.
5) Since you have a wide variety of products, it's a good idea to create a drop-down menu underneath the word Catalog with the names of your different collections. This way your customers are able to select what they are looking for (for example 'Headphones') and visit that collection to view the products you sell. We have the steps to help you create a drop-down menu here.
6) On some of your products such as the Fashion Gold Bracelet, there is text on the bottom that says (without retail package) and I was just wondering if there was a reason for that?
7) Many of your social media icons on the footer of your website do not work such as Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Snapchat, YouTube, and Vimeo. You can fix these links or remove them from your website by logging into your store and clicking Online Store > Customize > click the Theme Settings tab on the top left corner > select Social Media. For the social media pages that you do not have, it's best to not have the icon visible on your website because it can make your business look unprofessional when someone clicks on it and sees that it doesn't exist.
8) I want to touch on the point again that it can take time to make sales. You are really off to a great start! Shopify has a great video series called Ecommerce SEO 101 that really puts SEO into perspective and also talks about selling online. I watched this series when I was in training to be a Guru and found it easy to understand and liked that it gave practical information that you can follow to improve your sales over time. This series is not a quick fix, but gives information to help you lay the foundation down to have great website SEO which will help you make sales.
I hope this information helps!
Jade | Social Care
I’ve had my online store since last year. I’m having the same issue. Lots of traffic but no sales. I have created promotional newsletters. Did the suggested bogo sales. But still no sales. Is there a service that Shopify offers to look over website to make changes that might help to make it better. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi @DavidHakanson ,
Once you get the traffic on your Shopify store. The next thing you can do is give clients a positive experience alongside great service with your website encouraging them to decide to finish their cart.
Here I highly recommend some tips that Shopify merchants should do including
Free shipping: Customers always like freeship, it's such a vital marketing target you should bear in mind.
Appealing UI: Humans love beauty, properly. The more appealing the look of the store, the more potential it has to increase the sales of the shop.
Upsell Cross-sell: By offering upselling and cross-selling products, this is my favorite marketing strategy, not only do consumers earn a percentage of discounted upsell/ discounted cross-sell goods or even a package of items but as a retailer, you also increase the average order value and sales.
This is a Shopify application that can help you with: Upsell Cross-sell Smart Tool, I have once applied it to my store and it turns out extremely amazing.