NOT able to edit DNS settings on shopify.

Highlighted
2 0 0

HI,

I have bought domain from Go daddy and hosted website using shopify. Now I want an email to be set up, I bought the email service from Go Daddy as well.

As per Go Daddy Email to work, I need to edit DNS settings in shopify store. If I follow the help pages and navigate to the page Domains under online store, there is no option to edit the DNS settings.

Screenshot is attached.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

Thanks.Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 6.45.27 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

Hey, @EARTHICA!

While the domain is pointed towards Shopify, we do not have access to the DNS settings as the domain is not managed by our system, which is why you're unable to access the DNS settings from within your Shopify admin. As your domain is managed by GoDaddy, it would require that you log in to your GoDaddy domain manager in order to edit the DNS settings. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

I am having a similar trouble to Erthica, but the domain i'm trying to edit is my shopify one - it doesn't give me an option to click on it to edit/manage it. 

Dexters_Bites_0-1600185834516.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

@Dexters_Bites 

You can not edit the DNS settings for the free ".myshopify.com" URL provided for your store. If you wish to set up third-party services then you will need to purchase a domain through Shopify, or through a third-party in order to gain access to DNS settings. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes