Name change of your store?

BeachLover
Tourist
4 0 3

I am just starting my trial for shopify but the store hasn't went live yet, is there a way to change the name of my store?

AnaW
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 22

Heya! 

Ana here, from the Shopify support team. :)

To answer your question, yes - you can change the name of your store. You can do this in Settings>General:

However, one thing that you won't be able to change is your Shopify username, the .myshopify.com URL that you use to login. If you added a custom domain to your store though (in Online Store>Domains) and selected your custom domain as your primary domain, that original .myshopify.com URL is never customer-facing and you would be the only one who sees this.

If it's important to you that this matches to your actual store name, you will need to create a new account. If you'd like to do this, here's some information on duplicating your store so that you can create a new account without losing what you've done so far. 

Hope this helps! :)

Happy selling,
Ana

Hi @BeachLover, I made a video tutorial for you on how to change the name of shopify store. Hope this helps!
https://www.askquesty.com/post/change-store-name-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
UberKinky
1 0 2

I am trying to change my store name and add a custom URL, however, when entering the new detail and clicking in save it just goes into some sort of processing loop and never saves?

hauteswanfashio
1 0 0

I have the same problem.  I can't seem to change my domain name no matter how hard I try.

0 Likes
ecompro
Tourist
56 0 2

Nice tutorial

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store optimized by a Shopify expert
0 Likes

@hauteswanfashio  You cannot change your .myshopify domain, it's unique and fixed as a user account.

The only think you can do is to buy a custom domain, either from Shopify or a third party provider.

They made it clear here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/domains/add-a-domain

ConnectPOS - Shopify POS app for PC, Android, iOS, omnichannel retail, inventory control.
0 Likes
Soccerguy
1 0 0

Hi guys,

I made my first test purchase, and what appeared on my bank statement was the name of my myshopify domain. How can I change that, or do I need to start a new account and duplicate my store over?

I already bought a new domain with a different name as I changed the name of my brand.

To clarify, I'm cool with the myshopify/username being different than my brand, but I want customers to see the brand name on their bank statements, not the "myshopify domain" user name.

Thanks!

0 Likes
arjun_rajkumar
Excursionist
19 1 0

hey, yes.. it's quite easy to change the Shopify store name.. Although it doesn't allow you to change the Shopify domain. 

Arjun

0 Likes

Hey @Soccerguy, to change what appears on the customer's credit card statements do the following: 

0 Likes