Name change of your store?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I am just starting my trial for shopify but the store hasn't went live yet, is there a way to change the name of my store?

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 18

Heya! 

Ana here, from the Shopify support team. :)

To answer your question, yes - you can change the name of your store. You can do this in Settings>General:

However, one thing that you won't be able to change is your Shopify username, the .myshopify.com URL that you use to login. If you added a custom domain to your store though (in Online Store>Domains) and selected your custom domain as your primary domain, that original .myshopify.com URL is never customer-facing and you would be the only one who sees this.

If it's important to you that this matches to your actual store name, you will need to create a new account. If you'd like to do this, here's some information on duplicating your store so that you can create a new account without losing what you've done so far. 

Hope this helps! :)

Happy selling,
Ana

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @BeachLover, I made a video tutorial for you on how to change the name of shopify store. Hope this helps!
https://www.askquesty.com/post/change-store-name-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I am trying to change my store name and add a custom URL, however, when entering the new detail and clicking in save it just goes into some sort of processing loop and never saves?

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem.  I can't seem to change my domain name no matter how hard I try.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You need to pay £24 per month to make it go live

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Go to the website Homeplayer.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Go to the website Homeplayer.myshopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
57 0 2

Nice tutorial

A 1 second decrease in load speed can increase conversions by 1% – 7%. Get your store speed optimized
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Go to homeplayer.myshopify.com 

And buy loads of cool stuff 

0 Likes