Need Help. **Domain Renewal Failed**

Highlighted
1 0 0

So I'm getting emails on my domain renewal failing.  "We were not able to initiate the renewal of your domain.  Please ensure your billing information is up to date."

From what I can see, the credit card on file is still current, my address and all other billing info is the same, so I'm not sure whether this is a mistake on Shopify's end or if I'm missing something.  Can anyone provide some input? 

Flashpoint-woodworks.com

Thanks, Jeff

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1418 140 389

Hey there, @Mofireman 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

In my experience, when this happens, our system can be trying to charge the card that was used when the domain was purchased as opposed to the current card that you have on file for your subscription. In cases like this, you will need to contact our support team so that we can put through the renewal charge for you manually. I am going to reach out to you via email to authenticate you as the owner of the account. Once you email back I will be able to put that charge through for you or escalate it to our billing team if needs be. 

Speak to you soon,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

@Bo 

very important * we need help too * . For us the failure of domain renewal is cause by 3D authorization. In the email was wrotten *Your domain couldn’t be auto-renewed because 3D Secure verification is required to process the payment*. We have set up also another payment method (Paypall), without success because we don't see the failure bill in billing history and also in the email of failure payment there is not the button to click to request 3D secure manually as usually. Please help us, to pay this bill is vital for our shop, we have no answer to our email posted to billing support from one day.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1418 140 389

Hey there, @Hobby-shop 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. I can see that you were in touch with our Support Team directly and that they were able to get this resolved for you. That was the correct course of action. If you have any further queries regarding this, please do respond to ticket 20696769 directly. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

@Bo 

thanks very much for your interesting, yes the auto-renew of domain should be ok now, we are waiting for the green label, actually is in status *setup in progress*

0 Likes