Need Help Selling & Linking Up Affiliate Products Through My Shopify Store

Highlighted
2 0 2

I just created a shop for my boss which is only going to include items from a third party via affiliate links, but there is no plug-in, app, or other simple way to connect up my affiliate programs with Shopify. I have set up Affiliate Programs with Amazon, Etsy, and Uncommon Goods to share their products in exchange for a commission. So I need help linking up the items in my shop to these third party sites so people can be redirected to Amazon or etsy for example to make the final purchase. I recently came across a discussion form on the eCommerce University website (here is the link to that forum: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/swapping-out-the-add-to-cart-button-with-amazon-a...) that mentioned there might be a way to adjust the custom CSS inside of Shopify for the "add to cart" button so that for certain products it could then redirect to my Amazon or Etsy Affiliate Link? And then I would just create a new ID or Class for each button or something of that nature? So I went into the CSS and made a duplicate of the "product" template, but I couldn't figure out where I would enter the link in that code to redirect it, can you help point me in that direction? So for example here is a link to a product from Amazon that we would like to display on our shopify site and have the "add to cart" button link to this URL: http://amzn.to/1PON06u can someone help me do figure this out? I am familiar with some elementary CSS, more familiar with HTML though, but I don't know enough to read the code myself..

Highlighted
3 0 1

I am looking to do the same thing with products which help solve health-related needs and the only suggested solution by the Gurus was using the Marketplace Plug-in.  If you find the solution to this, can you let me know?  The only thing I could think of was using something like Commission Junction but that's through linking and not through purchases on your own site....

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hmm I haven't ever heard of Commission Junction before, but from what I can tell from my quick google search just now it seems like it is an Affiliate Program by which I would be asking other companies to promote my products? Is that correct? I am trying to do the opposite of that, so I am trying to make a store that is filled with other people's products so that we can earn commission profits by promoting these products, but from the beginning of your comment it sounds like this is what you're trying to do too, right? So yeah I also don't quite know how Commission Junction would fit into this equation then, and I'm not familiar with the Marketplace Plug-in you mentioned either, what is that? I too contacted Shopify support (gurus haha) and all they said was that I should hire a 3rd party web developer/coder to re-program my Shopify store, but that is a pretty expensive route to go... I really thought there would be a Plug-In for Shopify that would allow this, but so far I have found nothing. I actually don't think there's a real solution here, outside of paying hundreds to a developer, but yes I will let you know & come back to this thread if I do find something.

So far the only real solution I have come across is to use WooCommerce on my WordPress site, which is free to download, and has paid add-ons sort of like Shopify's Plug-Ins. WooCommerce has a specific add-on that can be used to link up affiliate sales from Amazon (here's the link to that if you're at all interested: http://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-amazon-affiliates-wordpress-plugin/3057503) so unless I get some answers on this forum or from the Shopify support team I am unfornately going to need to cancel my Shopify membership and switch over to WooCommerce, so for now that is the best solution I have. WooCommerce isn't as user friendly, or as pretty out of the box as Shopify, but they do have a lot of similar features and some pretty cool add-ons, so it looks like it'll be more flexible with these types of affiliate sales.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Looking for some help with this, i have signed up with commission junction and would like to add my affiliate products to my product page with a affilite redirect link. anyone have any luck with this yet?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify , could you please help answering the initial well elaborated question? Thx!

0 Likes