Need a quick way to zero all stock on 50,000 SKUs

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi there,

Does anyone have a method to change all stock/inventory to zero quickly. We have over 50,000 lines which need to be zerod for a stock take.

Thanks,

Phil

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

I suggesst exporting the product list from the Products area, importing into Excel and then selecting the whole stock column and pressing '0'. Add the title back afterwards, then Import back into Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi,

This reply is a little late, but maybe helpful to others. 

Exporting your Shopify inventory in CSV format and setting the available quantity to zero is one way of taking stock. Keep in mind this is not a good way to take inventory unless you have shut your store and are not making any online or in-store sales.

There are a couple of stock taking apps that can do this including Shopify's own Stocky. I would recommend the "Stock Take" app for a lower cost option ($4.99/month). You can take stock or zero out your inventory in just 4 clicks. Select the inventory location, choose whole store or filter by vendors/product types, and then instead of taking stock, select update stock. This will zero out your 50,000 items in a couple of minutes.

https://apps.shopify.com/stock-take

Full disclosure: I work for BR Data Solutions the author of Stock Take.

0 Likes