Need help adding small charge to each item please read to understand my concern

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I have an actual store that customers have been shopping at for over 20 years. We started this shopify a few years ago to help others that moved away to be able to shop with us.

With Covid-19 and shutdowns this store has really been booming. We have fees all businesses have including processing payment fees. We are posting via our Liberty for Consignment program. 

The problem comes that we have say an instore price of $5 but we want it to show up a larger amount say 5.25 or 5.50 on our shopify. We dont want to add a fee at check out who wants to pay more at the end? Nobody.

I know several people have asked this question but why have you not added this option into Shopify stores or if you have can someone inform me on how to add this or do with with out changing our instore price (that would be to much to retag and change prices) 

Ive been looking and looking but have yet to find the answer to what im trying to do. 

Thanks so much .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
430 36 70

Hi @TCResale

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, hoping to help you out here. 

First, I just wanted to say congratulations for the online success you've been experiencing. I understand that you are looking to add some form of processing fee to your online orders that don't appear as a surprise once a customer reaches checkout. 

While this isn't built into the admin natively at this time, there is an app that can do just that for you. It's called Order & Product Fees. This app allows you to designate fees directly on the cart page. It enables you to utilize different fee types (like gift wrap for example) which customers can toggle on and off or fees which are built right in: 

The fee appears on the cart page, under the product summary as shown (no surprises!): 

It comes with a 14 day free trial to give it a spin. I'd love to know what you think! If you decide this app is not for you, just be sure to delete it from the App section of your admin prior to the end of the trial period. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes