Need help connecting to my Facebook Page for Facebook Sales Channel

Tourist
11 0 0

Hi all,

I recently changed my personal Facebook account's password for data security reasons. However, one of the implications of this is that my page, of which my personal Facebook is an admin of, was disconnected from my Shopify store. I try to reconnect it to my Shopify store, but upon logging in and trying to connect my page, it doesn't show up. 

As you can see, my page isn't appearing from the accounts I can select.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.03.33 PM.png

However, if you can see on the left, I have my Messenger connected as a sales channel. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 3.59.01 PM.png

When I disconnect it from messenger, it looks like this.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.00.42 PM.png

Obviously I am ad admin of this Facebook Page. I just don't know why it isn't allowing me to setup on Facebook Sales Channel. I got disconnected 3 days ago, and I removed the FB Sales Channel first to allow it to refresh. But 3 days later, the same problem persists. Help please on what I can do!

EDIT: I've toggled off the admin access via business manager and retoggled it back to on. This allowed me to connect the Facebook Sales Channel via Shopify already. But after connecting it, this pops up to my dismay. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 4.11.47 PM.png

Again, I am obviously an admin of said page, I don't know why this shows up. Clicking Check Again doesn't work. Nor does disconnecting and reconnecting one more time.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
353 42 55

Hey, @narrawatches!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you for all that information and screenshots, they were very helpful! I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Facebook sales channel and I appreciate you reaching out about this. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems with Facebook on the system at the moment. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can, but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix.

In the meantime, there are a few workarounds that have worked for many so give them a try:

The first is:

1. Go to settings > Business integrations (here).

2. Remove the integration that is giving the error, in this case: Shopify.

2019-07-yqghe-y7t6q

3. After removing the integration, please ask them to log out of Facebook entirely.

4. Log back into Facebook on a private browsing window (like incognito in Chrome. Or a browser they don't use often to rule out a cache issue).

5. Go back to Shopify and attempt to connect the Facebook page in the Facebook Sales channel. The account should then be linked up and the connection should start!

Next, can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if this template is set to anything else, it will not work! Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
4. You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.

2019-07-3czzc-kx688

Lastly, we need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, the connection in the admin does not mean it is published):

To Publish Shop Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
2. From General, click Page Visibility
3. Click the setting to "Page published"
4. Click Save Changes

2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

After all these settings have been configured, please log out and log back in using a chrome browser and let me know how you get on and if you see anything strange along the way! If these steps don't fix anything then please let me know and I will escalate your case to our technical team so they can continue to monitor the situation.

Thank you,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi @Lulu5 , thanks so much for your response! 

Sorry it took quite a while to update this as I got quite busy, but today I've finally found the time to put in your solutions!

First, I removed the SHOPIFY business integration and logged out of my Facebook and Shopify accounts on my main browser, and logged in to both again on incognito, and tried connecting the account, but again, to no avail. When I click connect account and log in with my details, it recognizes the Narra Watches account, but after it loads, this is still all that pops up.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.49.37 AM.png

Again, I logged out of facebook in shopify, removed the facebook shopping app, logged out of shopify, removed business integration for SHOPIFY (I didn't touch shopify marketing nor shopify messenger because I was afraid I could lose both of those too), and logged out of facebook, repeated the process on another seldomly used browser, and still the same result.

So I also checked your other suggestions, and I didn't have to touch anything because they were all set to the settings they should be at.

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.51.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.53.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 1.55.01 AM.png

Now because all of these were already set when I checked them, I didn't touch them and I didn't want to turn them on and off anymore as it might cause further problems. So, the issue still hasn't been resolved unfortunately :( 

Thanks for your quick reply, I really appreciate your help! But I'm still stuck right now unfortunately :( 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @narrawatches  and @Lulu5 

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Any luck on solving it since you posted the issue?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi @WEEROES, I'm sorry to hear that. As of now, no luck on solving it. Still does shows the same thing as a few months ago.

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

Hi @WEEROES, I've solved this issue by assigning someone else as an admin, then having them log-in to their Facebook account to activate the Shopify Facebook Sales Channel

0 Likes