Need help how to cancel my subscription and get refunded

KayeAlabata
Tourist
5 0 3

Dear Shopify support,

Its really frustrating how to get in contact with you.

nativgold.myshopify is still under development and when I checked in earlier that my free trial ended and bill showed  "Payment Failed" 

And now just few hours later surprised to see that you deducted 312 USD  without any confirmation or email from me. How come you automatically charge when the page is not yet ready or launched yet?!

I'm requesting for your office to revert back my money as soon as possible.

Replies 44 (44)

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hey, @KayeAlabata!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble contacting our support team. We have changed our help centre recently so here is a quick clip for you to show how you can contact support on our help page.  You can also find our online chat service and email here

If a store is active on our platform and has not been cancelled then you are automatically included in our billing system. Our billing system cannot see if your store is still in development so it will automatically be charged unless the store has been closed down. If you cancel your store within 3 days of paying your invoice then in some cases we can look into issuing you a refund. 

Due to security reasons, I’m not able to actually cancel your shop for you, but here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks. To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:

• Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
  •  Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
  • There is a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

Please let me know once you have cancelled your store and then I can authenticate your account and take a look into the refund for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

KayeAlabata
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Lulu,

I've already close the store (September 2, 2020). Please note that this is cancelled within 3 days of invoice (Bill#87536726). Its billed for cycle August 31, 2020.

As I've mentioned to my post earlier, the store is still in development and were testing Shopify if it will be the best platform to use for E-commerce. It will be best if your team can check also the status of store before automatically deducting fee to make us more at ease with using your services.

Please help to refund the money deducted to my account.

Thank you and hoping for your immediate action.

Anthonyp
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi @Lulu 

I have the same issue, I cancelled my store probably like an hour or so after the invoice was made. Any help is appreciated. 

timkum
Visitor
3 0 0

Same issue here, any help shopify?

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hi, @KayeAlabata.

Thank you for getting back to me. No problem, I have sent you an email now and you will need to respond to my email directly to confirm your store URL so I can verify you as the store owner to check over everything. Just so you are aware for future reference, it wouldn't matter if the store is a development store or a live store, you would still only get a 14-day free trial and would automatically be billed at the end of your trial if your store has not been cancelled. 

Please let me know once you have responded to my email so I can take a further look into this for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hi, @Anthonyp.

Welcome to the thread. I am sorry to hear that you were also charged unexpectedly. I can do the same as above and verify you as the store owner to help you out further. In order to do so, I will just need to send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will get that done for you. Please be sure to check your spam/junk folder as sometimes the email can land there.

Speak soon! 

wengay2900
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi! I have the same issue as well. I tried the 90-day free trial and I got charged last month and also this month. Both my accounts were inactive for almost three months because I was busy working and completely forgot about my shopify accounts.. Now I want help on how to get refunded. Thank you so much in advance!

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hi, @wengay2900.

Welcome to the thread. The store does need to be cancelled before the trial ends to ensure you are not charged anything, I know it is easy to forget though. Have you cancelled the store now? You will need to do this first before I can take a look at your account.

Due to security reasons, I’m not able to actually cancel your shop for you, but here’s how to close up your Shopify Shop in just a few clicks.

To cancel your store, log into your admin and follow these steps:

• Click on "Settings", then "Plans and permissions" or "Account"
  • Scroll to the bottom and click "Close my store".
  • There is a guide in our help centre with steps you can follow here too.

Please let me know once this is done. I will also just need to verify your account so I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can take a closer look for you.

Speak soon! 

MoonlightSpade
4 0 0

Hi Lulu, 

I’m having the same issues cancelling and requesting a refund. I got charged 12/14, noticed it today, but my store is inactive and I’ve decided I don’t want to stay with Shopify. I hate that there is not direct customer service number or email. Every customer service link says it’s broken because it’s been redirected too many times. Can you please help issue my refund. I will be following your steps on how to cancel my account once you reply. 

thanks 

kokomintboutiqu
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi LuLu,

my account was inactive for 9 months and I deactivated it. I was charged this morning for the annual plan. Please help me refund this, it was a lot of money and I can not afford it now! Please help, Thank you - Katharine

Moses11
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey i am also having the same problem i did a 1 month trial and due to mis understanding of the date shopify wrote i didn't cancel my subscription hoping to would end on December 16 but i got charged this month can u help me get a refund?

Screenshot_20231105_143053_Shopify.jpg

Nathan56
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu i need your help. I closed my store 3 months ago (furbrusher.myshopify.com) and i forgot about, little did i know that i woke up and there was payment made 32$ on 6 january without even my permission or anything. Pls i just want to get a refund and cancel the subscription. Help me

KayeAlabata
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Lulu,

That is noted. I send a response thru the email you sent.

Thank you for your immediate action.

I'll wait for your update then.

KayeAlabata
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Lulu,

Please help to follow-up from your financial department as I'm not receiving any update.

Thanks.

Lulu
Shopify Staff
911 87 224

Hi, @KayeAlabata.

Thank you for reaching back out and I apologise for the delay you are experiencing. I can see that your ticket is still in the relevant department's queue but as we are experiencing much higher than usual volumes of contact, it will likely take a bit longer before you hear back on this. The first place you will get an update is by email, as we do not have access to your file here in the forums so please keep an eye out there for any information.

Of course, if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, please just let me know!

KayeAlabata
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi Lulu,

Please help to follow up with Shopify billing my predicament with my money refund. This has been going for more than 2 weeks now.

Varun0143
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi lulu, I started my store but couldnt setup or develope as soon it started, so i actually started like 3 days into the trial.. After everything setup, i had only one thing left that is Payment gateway but because of many issues and how hard it is to make those changes in my country fast.. i t was gone past days.. please give me refund ill be really thankful. And my bill no is 194527542

Thank you so much ……

qparsadmehr
Visitor
1 0 0

I deleted my plans and shopify stores payment plan after I was charged 32 dollars and would need to know how to get a refund.

Glowyskin
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi shopify! My store charged subscription automatically and it charged me 58 dollars directly from my card without letting me know. I'm a student and i cannot afford to lose this much money. Help me refund my money back. Please!

Saturnus
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, I have the same issue. I cancelled the store straight away after I got charged. Can I get refunded please? Bill number is 204736652

TriipTriip
Visitor
1 0 0

i need a refund it charge the wrong card pls help

kbatofficial
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi lulu, I started my store but couldnt setup or develope as soon it started, so i actually started like 7 to 10 days into the trial.. After everything setup, i had only one thing left that is Payment gateway but because of many issues and how hard it is to make those changes in my country fast.. i t was gone past days.. please give me refund ill be really thankful. i will use it after i have everything i need for as i paid fiver services for my store

Joang2411
5 0 0

Hello Lulu I am having the same problem here I woke up with a bill of 500$ On my card that I did no authorize it’s been 2 days since the billing cycle and I’m going crazy because 500$ is a lot of money I have bills to pay I was told it was 50$ monthly pls get back at me asap I never authorized the payment I have been having a hard time and it’s frustrating I will very much appreciate ur help pls get back at me what my next step should be to revive a refund this was a very big mistake pls get back at me 🙂

Not applicable

hello lulu, i have the same problem. i dont even have a shop yet and i got charged 19$ for the 4th month. i want to cancel my subscription and get a refund.

Not applicable

hello lulu, i have the same problem. i dont even have a shop published yet and i got charged 19$ for the 4th month. i want to cancel my subscription and get a refund. 

Grantthomand
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same situation, I just deactivated my store and I want a refund as the bill came in the same day I’m writing this. Please respond asap thank you.

gailar
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu, I have the same issue. Have cancelled the store straight away after I got charged. Can I get refunded please? Bill number is 195043216. Thank you!

phil114
Visitor
1 0 0

Lulu, yesterday my business purchased one year plan, and nothing is working. I have closed the store and cancelled my plan. Please send a refund of $372.44. thank you

SerenityGrounds
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

This is rich with grounds of serenity.  We actually cancelled the store the same day we got billed. You can see we made zero sales, we are not ready...we do plan to use your platform in the future but please refund as we were billed for the year.  Billed Oct 5/Closed Oct 5th. 

Sincerely,

rich 

DmitriiAlybin
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, i have the same problem i have canceled my store a couple of hours after receiving my invoice due to forgetting that that store even existed. 

sabrinadreshaj
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! Same issue as well. I tried the 90-day 1$ and I got charged this month 32$. My account was inactive for so long because I did nit have time to work with it. Please help I need those money! Thank you so much in advance!

Chiemezie
Visitor
1 0 0

Dear Shopify support,

First off I've found it pretty difficult to get in contact with your team

My store hasn't even been touched or worked on is still under development just to check and see you've charged me without any notice or prior warning for $65!

How come you automatically charge when the page is not yet ready or launched yet?!

I'm requesting for your office to revert back my money as soon as possible.
Angie16
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello 👋 I’m also facing the same issues with my account. My money was deducted this morning a total of $121 but the store has been inactive for the past three months and it wasn’t launched, I already cancelled the subscription but I’m wondering if I can get a refund since I haven’t really used the service 

Sal17
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there i haven’t used the store in over 10 months got charged $580aud im out of pocket atm for rent i have tired to cancel my account a few times the site keeps shitting it self every time I try also when I try to speak to someone on the help just doesn’t happen and shit it self can I get some help and this money back asap please my email is info@sydneykerbing.com.au

glam7
Visitor
2 0 0

I have closed my store and want my refund

noahanderson
Visitor
1 0 0

I need help with this, I was charged today and canceled within an hour of being charged, could I possibly get a refund? My email is noahanderson695@gmail.com. Thanks. 

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2093 148 247

Hello, @noahanderson.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your question!

I understand you were billed today for your subscription and cancelled afterwards. 

I would like to advise that as per our Shopify Terms of Service - Section 5.10, we do not offer refunds. However, you can connect with our support team through the Shopify Help Center so that we can review this on a case by case basis. 

Let us know if you have questions navigating the Help Center or need help.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tomthomasie
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi,

I own a store, but was not making enough sales.

I had disconnected my payment information, but today I see somehow Shopify has renewed my subscription for another year, and the money is taken out of my account.

I want to cancel the subscription and refund the money.

Could you please help me?

Awaiting response.

tomthomasie
f73e4a-69
4 0 0
Or give me any agent for helping me or refund me ##- Please type your reply
above this line -##

Salita
Tourist
3 0 0

I'm having the same problem. I canceled my subscription a few days after the invoice. My store is still under development, I'm having trouble setting things up. Please aid as I would like to subscribe again once I can get a functioning store to launch

BorderBuds
4 0 0

hello i am currently experiencing the same issue... if someone could help me with this issue it would be much appreciated. i was charged several hours ago and i just closed my shop.  

tptmanagement
Visitor
1 0 0

need help with this as well, please send it to my email tameemmanih@gmail.com because haven't even made the store live, haven't even touched it for months and i am billed without warning, not very cool, so if it's all good i would love some help on getting a refund on this serious issue

f73e4a-69
4 0 0

This is fully fake they still not reply me and still not refund me what the **bleep** is this ? Dear all people be aware from Shopify please this is full or fraud 

f73e4a-69
4 0 0

Same happening for me also 2 days ago I try to contact with Shopify team but I didn’t find one I find but they will not response I don’t what to do