Need help to understand payment solutions

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey guys hope you all are having a good day. 

I am really confused about the payment gateways and all that stuff, i made a store in june or maybe earlier and i am still stuck what payment gateway i should take and wether it will work or get locked if i do something wrong.

I am scared because we sell our products and if something gets locked we will lose money. 

Ok now to my questions. 

I made a paypal account and added my credit card, can i now use it for payment gateway or it's risky 

And is it good to use other payment gateways other then shopify and stripe? Because i live in saudi arabia and i don't have those good and easy options.

Does it really have to be a business paypal account? 

I formed an llc and have ein but don't have physical address in us can i still use my llc and it's ein and make a bank account or PayPal account? 

I know my business won't have any struggles once my store is up but these questions going through my mind keeps me away from doing anything, i really need your help. 

One more question but a little complicated can i add my friend into my llc partners and use his physical address as proof and make a bank account?

Problem is saudi arabia is still not completely compatible in many places and it's a problem for people like me who are trying to make some extra. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
745 39 126

Hey, @farooqaq.

Welcome to Shopify. Tira here to help.

I know it's scary to open up your own store online and it doesn't have to be. These are all really good questions and I would be happy to shed some light here:

I understand that you're located in outside the United States and you want to set-up a payment gateway on your store and receive payments without a United States bank account.

PayPal is a payment gateway and a method that you can use to pay for your Shopify subscription plan. When using PayPal as a payment method for your customers to pay for their orders at checkout, you will need to connect your PayPal email address for your PayPal business account to receive payments there when you make a sale. If you don't have a PayPal business account, you will need to create one. By default, Shopify will connect the email address you have on file to your PayPal gateway. If you're already set-up with a PayPal business account with the same email, then you will start receiving the payments right away. If you need to change this email, you can follow these steps from our help doc: Set up PayPal on your store

Where do you see the requirements for an LLC or an EIN? Is this in the Shopify Admin or in PayPal? Please let me know and I can provide you with guidance and resources. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes