Need help with changing the domain in the shopify url

OrganicJustice
1 0 0

So I have a Shopify store and the domain name associated with it in the URL is not what I want showing. I have a store and I changed a lot of the products/designs and want the store to have a different address with a new website. I added the new website but the old one is still showing in the store address. I do not know how to change it. I am afraid if I start a new store I will have to start all over. 

0 Likes
Cal
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
984 103 162

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. This is a great question. It sounds like you are referring to the MyShopify URL, which cannot be changed once chosen at signup. The good news is that most businesses only use the MyShopify URL for login and support purposes, and many businesses have MyShopify URL's that are completely different to their custom business domain. Many businesses realize they may have to pivot and change their business branding over time and usually adapt their domain to these shifts. 

If you're looking to rebrand the business and change your primary domain (that is, the one your customers see) then I suggest purchasing a domain from Shopify, or from a third-party domain provider, and connecting it to your store. 

Using this method, you can rebrand your store as many times as you wish, without needing to open a new store.

Let me know your thoughts! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes