Need help with local pickup, shipping options

Kashif03
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

We want some of our products to only have the 'local pickup' option while the others having 'shipping/delivery'. How can that be achieved?

0 Likes

Hi @Kashif03,

You can create 2 separate shipping profiles, one for shipping and one for local pickup. Add the products for pickup only, the Shipping from would be your pickup location.

Create a rate call "Pickup in store" and leave the price free.

JohnHa_0-1621234613361.png

JohnHa | Beehexa Team | Shopify Integration
We build Hexasync Integration platform for connecting
ERP | POS | CRM | ACCOUNTING | E-COMMERCE to Automate Business Processes
0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
133 7 12

Hey there,
First categorize the products into 2 types, the products which you want to give the local pickup as category 1 and the remaining products under category 2.
You can achieve this by creating two shipping profiles, under the shipping and delivery section of the shipping settings
1. For Product category 1, enable the shipping method option as local pickup.
2. For product category 2, enable the shipping method as carrier pickup.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Kashif03
Tourist
9 0 1
Hi sai6,

Thanks for the solution. One more thing, if a customer buys products from
both categories, will he be able to checkout at the same page?
0 Likes
Kashif03
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi John,

Thanks for the solution. One more question, if a customer adds products from both the categories, what happens next on the cart page? Does he have to fill in the shipping address details as well as select the local pick up time/slot?

0 Likes
saivismitha
Shopify Partner
133 7 12

@Kashif03 Yes, your customer can checkout on the same page but the shipping costs were added based on the conditions added under the product, total cart price will be the combination of products from both the categories, the charges were calculated individually.

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
June
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 54 29

Hi @Kashif03

June here from Shopify. I’m so happy to see you’re getting so much help with your question!

I do want to clarify that when we’re using shipping profiles to achieve what you’re describing (offering only pickup for some products and only delivery/shipping for others), this is different than using our pickup and local delivery settings, which you may also be familiar with.

For example, when we visit Settings > Shipping in your admin, you’ll be setting up something like this:

25-51-30575-88471

Rather than something like this:

25-45-53958-33060

25-46-51943-45294

I apologize if that was already clear, but I know these settings can be confusing when we’re using terms interchangeably.

It sounds like your goal is that a customer can order items for both pickup and delivery/shipping at the same time, is that correct? If yes, then I do think the option of incorporating multiple shipping profiles is your best option. If not, we do have a couple of other options we can explore.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts!

June | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes