Need help with our new site, all tips appreciated

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi there, we're two people who set up this site yesterday as a first time attempt at making a store on shopify selling martial arts equipment. We understand that the site is nowhere near complete when it comes to blogs and product descriptions etc but that is what we're writing this for. The main thing we need a hand with is SEO as we have virtually no knowledge when it comes to this. Our URL is www.albgoods.myshopify.com  (We're going to purchase a URL) As well as this we have already invested a small amount in Facebook Ads, its reached a few hundred people since yesterday however only 1 or 2 have clicked.

All help appreciated
Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
103 0 14

Hi Andrew,

I have great service that I think you will benefit from after reading your post.

I offer 1:1 online SEO coaching. I will sit with you over Skype and answer your questions, analysis key areas in front of you and give you great knowledge and direction for your SEO strategy.

The best part is you can see everything I'm doing and ask anything you want. Along with that, I create a resource page specifically for you on my site, that is tailored to what we have talked about in our session for you to refer to as and when you need.

If this is something that you feel interests you due to your lack of SEO understanding, get in touch, or read more here.

Best

Alasdair 

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

How much would these serevices cost mate? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
103 0 14

They go by the hour at £67/hour. Or you can buy 5 hours for the price of 4 for £268. Spread them over the course of a few months.

or if you interested in having me take over your entire monthly seo we can also discuss that.

Alasdair 

Ocean One SEO - Transforming Businesses - 1 to 1 Online Consulting Services Available. Check out the website for details.
0 Likes
Pathfinder
186 0 31

Hey Andrew,

Here are some basic items you can get started with.

• Think about what your customers might search for when they want products like yours. Create a list of keywords that you want to rank highly for. Use Google’s Keyword Planner to check what the search volume on these keywords are. Use a free keyword ranking tool (MozBar) to see how you fare for your preferred keywords.

• Run a Google search for these keywords. Make a note of the stores you see on the first page of search results. Use a competition analysis tool (SEMRush, SE Ranking) to analyze these stores. Try and pick up a few keywords they use.

• Try expanding your list of keywords with the keyword groups and suggestions on Google Keyword Planner.  The ideal keyword is one with a decent amount of traffic and not too much competition.

• Create a list of “long tail keywords”. These are lengthy keyword phrases that don’t have too much traffic but typically attract qualified visitors who are more likely to convert. An example in your case would be something like “blue muay thai polyester shorts” as opposed to “blue shorts”.

• You should now have a good idea of the overall theme/concept that you are trying to optimize for and a set of keywords that fit into that theme. This is critical. While writing for SEO, don’t overload your copy with keywords. I understand the temptation to do so. Keywords are important, so having more of them has to be good, right? Well, no! Google doesn’t take too kindly to keyword spamming and will most likely penalize you immediately. Write as someone knowledgeable on the subject would. You’ll find that your keywords will fit in more naturally.

Now that we have some basic strategy in place we can move on to the copy and other things.

• I notice your product descriptions are not yet complete. Product descriptions are a great way to tell search engines what your product is all about. Read this for a more in-depth look at how to craft product descriptions that sell. - https://orangetwig.com/blog/how-to-craft-product-titles-and-descriptions-that-sell-more/

• Use a free SEO status checker (WooRank, SEOSiteCheckup) and fix some of the more obvious issues: broken links, meta descriptions, missing alt text & the like.

• Check your Google Analytics or Webmaster account to see how these changes have affected your ranking and traffic. Make further changes as needed.

While this is not everything there is about eCommerce SEO, it should help you get started. If nothing else, you’ll be able to have a slightly more fruitful conversation with your SEO consultant.

A few other comments

• Your top bar is empty at the moment. I also see that you have a quick nav category menu in the footer. You should consider having something similar in the top bar as well. Customers looking for the categories now have to click on the menu or scroll all the way to the bottom. Having those up there as H1 tags may also help with SEO.

• Include a link to your “about us” page in the top bar. Putting it some place where it’s visible and easily accessible is a great way to build trust.

• Your social media links are opening in the same tab. Change this so that they open in a different tab. Talking about social media. Have you started actively marketing on any platform yet? While SEO is definitely important, it’s probably not the first thing you should focus on. Remember you are competing with established stores like Amazon for pagerank positions. You may get more out of your time by focussing on social media instead. Take a look at OrangeTwig. We help stores like yours curate content, design posters, promote coupons or daily deals and auto schedule all these posts to multiple social media accounts. :)

I hope this helps.

Karan Jassar
Founder, https://Socioh.com
Make great ads for Free.
See demo with your store: https://socioh.com/demo?src=sig
Learn about ads here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellersuccess/?src=sig
0 Likes
9 0 0

Reach out to me at www.Facebook.com/JarrettBelliveau I will be able to help you out and have done it myself unlike these other guys... Please don't fall for their BS hahaha Find real people that want to help! Just message me and refer to this forum!

0 Likes