Need help

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello Shopify community, 

I’ve been searching around for weeks but at last I feel like I could use some guidance... 

I run an ecommerce that right now only has a Swedish version. TENGO.se 

it’s going really well and I want to take this abroad, for starters to Denmark and perhaps an English version. 

The problem is, our website has existed for 20 years so changing domain is pretty bad for our Seo I’ve learned, so what are my options? 

1) do this through Weglot was my first idea but that won’t work right? How are we gonna be visible abroad with a .se domain? As Weglot doesn’t change that. 

2) opening a new store for these other languages. Very time consuming since I have over 1000 products 

For example. If I would buy a .de domain externally, add it to Shopify as one of my domains and set a google campaign for it in google, would it show and rank in Danish? Weglot only translates the website outside the original version once you’re on the website right, not on the search results, so it would show in Swedish? 

What do I do here? Proper advice is essential for my business to take the next step so I would appreciate it so much... 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Anyone? 

0 Likes