Need multiple barcode on single variant

Rahul-LMP
Excursionist
43 0 7

Who else here needs to do have shopify to add 2 accepted barcodes for one variant , the reason is we do fba , and print fnsku on products and now want to sell products using shopify retail pos  , but in shopify you can only put numeric barcodes as thats all google accepts or its gmc wont accept your products . So if we want to use pos we will have to relabel our products with the barcodes that

Replies 9 (9)

Paul_vd_Dool
Shopify Partner
107 6 95

Hi Rahul,

The only thing that comes to mind that might help you is to use metafields.
Metafields can contain extra information on a product or variant that you're not able to add in the Shopify Admin. You can then name a metafield "fba-barcode" (or whatever you like) and "fnsku-barcode". You can find several apps in the app store that allow you to edit these metafields.

Using these metafields and passing the correct data to whatever service it needs will be the tricky part. I don't know where you want these barcodes to show up or where you need to sends them to, but I think this will require some custom work as well.

Paul

Doppelganger - Managing duplicate user accounts
Rahul-LMP
Excursionist
43 0 7

this infomation should be searchbale usinhg shopify barcode scnaning functionality

SvenR
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

i'm having the same issue. I switch over from Microsoft rms and it was super easy to add an "Alias" ups ( unlimited ) to any product. Did you find a solution? Thanks

Sven

ShopaSetup
Shopify Partner
13 0 3

Hi Sven, did you ever find a barcode alias solution?

SvenR
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi,

No unfortunately.

zackonrads
Visitor
2 0 0

In my extremely limited testing, concatenating two barcodes with a ", " between seems to work from a scanning perspective.

brown8075
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey Zackonrads, did this solution end up working for you?

remirpno
Tourist
6 0 3

I'm joining to this conversation. We're also planning to migrate from a solution that currently supports multiple barcode per SKU/variant. Did you find a solution to you issue?

zforever
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Did you find a solution?