Need product dimensions so that Shopify correctly bundles orders

Tourist
5 0 4

oh goodness i have spent way too much time trying to figure this out.  and here i find this.  but i spent so much time trying to figure it out bc i was like there is no way not to be able to add dimensions.  Lampshades weigh like 3lbs IF that, but bc of the box size, can cost $30+ and $30 is cheap with my UPS biz account.  this is wack.  kickbacks perhaps?  im shocked.

Tourist
5 0 4

Also FedEx small packages app allows you to add dimensions, but then it only works for FedEx. You can put product dims into Variants, but that creates a mess if it's just one size. Yes Shopify, pretty please please add this! Would also help tremendously with Google Merchant settings!

Tourist
5 0 4

Also realized you can bulk edit dimensions and variants by downloading the products CSV, editing and reuploading it:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/shopify-admin/productivity-tools/bulk-editing-products

1 0 2

It is not only bizarre but absolutely crazy that Shopify, an Ecommerce platform where shipping is imperative, would not have the capability to record dimensions for shipping... what?? It's impossible to get accurate rates without that piece.  Seems to me that all it would take is the addition of one field to the product page.  It can't be that hard, and it appears that you have several VERY frustrated customers Shopify... add it please!! The fact that we have to pay for an app to include such basic information is maddening.  

2 0 2

I'm now using easyship which allows you to set it up on their end. Not ideal but works well.

Tourist
4 0 8

I also agree. I can't believe that this is not offered or that we have to pay for an additional app for the functionality.

Please add my name to the list of people complaining about the lack of this feature.

Tourist
3 0 4

i am happy as i can see that i can group products and assign separated shipping group.

For complex combination for products indeed need a complex software product that can count space in the box. Will unfollow thread. I think Shopify is great if you have a product to ship and doesn't matter if not. So may be another time once i have better product. 8k+ still is a sell.

Tourist
5 0 3

This is insane. I read all the comments which started in 2017. We just entered in 2021 and this option is still not available. I moved from woocommerce to Shopify and honestly regretting it. Woocommerce was a pain but it was like working in windows where everything was possible. Shopify is more like Apple, too many restrictions. Apps are expensive. Even if you cough, you have to pay for it. All other platforms have the ability to add product dimensions but shopify being an e-commerce platform is lacking this feature which is a shame. $19.99 to $29.99 is no big deal but come on, what is so hard about adding this feature.

ADD ME TO THE LIST TOO and i want this feature added right away.

I feel like shopify doesn't give a sh*t because they are like TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT because we don't have any other options available.

1 0 0

Any update if this is being added or not?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

@MDover433 Nothing yet man. There stock is at $1200 but they cannot hire someone who can add this simple feature. They can add the weight option but not the dimensions. It really sucks. My rates are off and I am losing money on shipping.

0 Likes