Need product dimensions so that Shopify correctly bundles orders

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

I just swapped over from 3DCart and the lack of this is already making me regret the move!

This is a basic feature in 3D Cart!

Add me to the list...

Cheers

Alan

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 5

After doing more research I wanted to add that I now see that adding dimensions as a shipping option isn't offered at all. We are a small company but are prettyexperienced with shipping. Prior to shopify we've used ebay, squarespace, and other outlets to ship our products of many different weights and dimensions all over the world. We use freight (typically via our fed ex rep but have used other carriers as well, priority mail, smart post, first class....We have many different sized boxes ready in our warehouse to pack the product but without being able to add dimensions, using shopify as an ecommerce site is basically useless to us. Being able to add dimensions and weight is so common that I never even considered that shopify wouldn't offer it! There are free ecommerce web builders that allow product dimensions and with shopify being a bigger company, I never even considered the possibility that this wouldn't be an option -.

At this point, we sell through other outlets so for now, does anyone have any recs for a non e commerce site that we can display our large inventory for customers to see? We would need a web builder capable of displaying a larger inventory. I'm open to suggestions if anyone has them. In the meantime I will try to figure out a way to make shopify work but it sure shouldn't be this difficult!

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Yep!  I am at my wits end and am so tired of being charged for every little thing.  Box Size and Weight is like cruise control and A/C in vehicles, how can you not have that?!!  I'm very frustrated and am wondering if I need to move my not even launched website back to wordpress and woocommerce.

PLEASE ADD BOX SIZE AND WEIGHT!  You guys like money, we all like money (even though it is the root of all evil and shareholders are a scourge and need to be removed) ... please help us stop wasting what little we have on third party apps that are not needed!!!!!

Add me to the list!

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Get on it Shopify we all need dimensions added!!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Would be great for me too!

Shopify, you're opening the door for your competition.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We just keep getting killed on USPS Priority shipping.  Shopify caluculates the rate at say $9.00 but when we go to fulfill shipping rate using shopify it is say $29.00.... the basic issue is USPS is more concerned about size than weight... which is fine unless shopify doesn't care about size at all.  So it appears that we have 3 options;

1)  No longer ship via USPS Priority mail (Short term solution.... Sorry USPS!)

2)  Pay $20.00 a month for a app that maybe a great app but REALLY

3)  Move to another provider. (Long term solution )

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 6

I went ahead and subscribed to boxify for the time being.

Ultimately I am already looking elsewhere.  I also needed to be able to build product bundles/options and offer back in stock notifications.

Both required an additional app purchase.  Seems almost everything requires buying an additional app.

The only plus I have enjoyed with shopify has been better UPS discounts..

cheers

Alan

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am currently setting up my Shopify store (moving site from another online store platform), and wondered if I had missed something because I didn't see a place to put in product dimensions so that shipping rates would calculate properly. I've now seen through this entire thread that it is not possible. Wow this is extremely disappointing. It is so basic. I also note that we can't even use our existing UPS and USPS accounts unless we pay for the higher priced monthly plan, which also doesn't allow for product dimensions. So what good is it? UPS and USPS both calculate their shipping rates on both weight and dimensions (especially critical for USPS Priority Flat Rate boxes). Not to mention that even purchasing an add-on app doesn't completely solve the problem either. I also see that this is a "basic feature" that Shopify customers have been asking requesting for YEARS! Come on...Don't you think it's time you added this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 5

product dims need to be added!~
UPS

USPS

FEDEX

All now ship based on DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT - there is NO reason this needs to require a paid app to make it properly pull shipping calculations!!!!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I need Product dimensions. Please add me to the list

@Kevin5801 wrote:

product dims need to be added!~
UPS

USPS

FEDEX

All now ship based on DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT - there is NO reason this needs to require a paid app to make it properly pull shipping calculations!!!!

0 Likes