Need to cancel Domain Transfer

plushalloweenco
1 0 0

When I created my store and created an account on my store for my company, I DID NOT know the email that was used was a dead email (the email is invalid). 

So, when I went to do my domain transfer, everything went fine and I paid for the domain. However, in order to activate the domain on Shopify, they asked me to verify my email address by going into my email and hitting the verify link. Since this is a dead email, I cannot do that. 

I switched my Shopify email to an existing/working email, but I cannot have that domain transfer verification email resent to my new email address. 

Can someone help me? 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
883 48 141

Hi, @plushalloweenco!

Tira here, from Shopify! 

Did you purchase your domain from a third-party provider? If you did, you can contact your third-party domain provider to ask them to assist you with cancelling your domain transfer, and they can initiate that on their end. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
theforbesguy
1 0 0

I am in the process of building out my Shopify store on the back end.  I accidently transferred my domain from Squarespace too quickly, I thought I was just testing it, and had no idea it was permanent.  I need my Squarespace site back up and running while I build the shopify.  I cannot have my store off site at this time, we are launching new products in 48hours and now it says coming soon.  How can I cancel the transfer...  it has not been 24 hours yet.  I am literally panicked.  

0 Likes
WIYK
1 0 0

Did you ever hear back about this? I'm having the same issue and don't know how to contact Shopify 

0 Likes