Need to cancel my paused account

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there,

I have a paused account that I would like to cancel.  I keep getting emails warning me that it will be automatically upgraded soon to "pause and build."  When I'm at the screen showing the different plan options, I see "Remove your online store" at the bottom.  Clicking it refreshes the page with NO difference in the screen. No confirmation saying "you've closed your store." Nothing.  Clicking the "contact us" option at the top of the page requires that I select my store to continue with emailing support.  Selecting my store results in an error: "There was a problem selecting your shop. Choose another shop, or continue to get support."

Furthermore, I am told that I need to cancel any third party apps, before closing, but I can't get to my admin page without first selecting an upgrade option.  

If I have to wait to get billed and then dispute it with my credit card company, I will, but I'd rather just know it's all done correctly- Shopify just makes it hard to do this.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you,
Stephen

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
75 2 24

Hey, @drywater!

Thanks for posting your question in our Community Forums. My name is Olivia and I work at Shopify.

I'd love to help you out with this before your plan switches to "Pause and Build" so let's dive right in. Since you have taken advantage of the "Full Pause" plan you cannot log in to close the account without choosing a plan option that grants you access to the Admin. 

With that being said, our Support team can certainly help you bypass this and close down the account manually. To help expedite your request, I have sent you an email to follow-up on this. Can you please respond to me there and I will continue supporting you.

Thank you,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
75 2 24

It's my pleasure, @drywater.

Don't hesitate to reach back out if other questions come up.

Warm regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am too getting this same problem. Please help me out ! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
75 2 24

Hi, @shrutipanjwani!

No worries, I will reach out to you via email so we can also look into next steps with your account.

Warm regards,

As the Community Forums are not a regularly monitored area by Shopify Employees it would be best to reach out to our support via chat, or on social media via Facebook or Twitter for more immediate support. Doing so will ensure your issue is reviewed in a timely manner, and create a better user experience for you overall. Due to this, I will be blocking all new replies to this thread. 

0 Likes