Need to make a reset password page

Ty_Robitaille
Tourist
20 0 1

I'm sure this is here in the forums somewhere.

I want to make a reset password page so I can send a customer strait to it.

Thank in advance. . . .

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
540 24 121

Assuming your theme doesn't already have a template for this, I would recommend you install one of Shopify's free themes (e.g. Minimal) and copy the relevant code from the reset_password.liquid template into your theme.

★ ThemeUp: Nifty Upgrades for your Shopify Store ★ https://themeup.net
0 Likes
Ty_Robitaille
Tourist
20 0 1

Here is the issue I'm having.

My template has a reset password page but I can't send a customer strait to it. You have to got to the sign in page and click on "forgot password" (which in this case they haven't forgoten they just want to change it) and the page just toggles the reset form. So there is no actual URL for the reset page itself so I don't know how to send a customer there.

I'm sure there is a simple work around I just don't know what that is. My idea is to make a new reset password page so I can send a link to my customers and they can go strait to it. I used some code I found through the forums on a new page but it didn't work. The form was there on the new page but it didn't send me the email to reset.

Thanks

0 Likes
mnf
Tourist
5 0 0

I'm assuming this was never resolved?

0 Likes
Christon
Tourist
16 0 0

I made a new template page and copied the reset password code from the login page and pasted it on the new page. So, now the customer can go in accounts where he gets an option to reset password. When the customer clicks on the option, he's directed to the new page that I created. The only problem is, the customer is redirected to the login page after sending the link for reset where he gets the message on the top of the login form which says "reset password link was successfully sent to your email". This is the closest that I got to resolving the problem. I wanted the message to be displayed on the page that I created rather than taking the customer to the login page. 

0 Likes