Need to remove Sign In Link from Main Menu-Debut Theme

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm not sure why there is a sign in link in my menu list in the Debut theme.  I've tried going to the Navigation screen and remove it fromt he Main Menu but I don't see it there.  I need some assistance removing this link as it shouldn't be there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hi, Colette.

Leon here from Shopify Support. 

It's possible that this is just being caused by having Customer Accounts enabled on your store. I wasn't able to find your store from this post or your forum profile, but if you disable Customer Accounts in the Shopify admin by going to Settings > Checkout > Customer accounts are disabled. 

The full details of how to do this are shown in this guide

Does this remove the sign-in link from your Main Menu? 

If you still see the sign-in link, please reply to this thread with your store URL and I'll take a look at what's causing that. 

Cheers,

Leon

@ShopifySupport

1 Like
Highlighted

I have the same issue with the "Debut" theme. I have to have customer accounts enabled. And now the words "Log in" have been added to the menu. I cannot seem to edit the words, remove them, change the case etc.

How do we do this? 

Thanks

Simon

PS: If I select "Accounts are disabled" in settings the link disappears. If I select the "Optional" or "Required" setting hen the link appears.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hey, Simon. 

Toggling the option for whether Customer Accounts are required will only add or remove the icon/ login link from your theme. If you'd like to change the text that appears, you'll need to access those settings in the theme itself. The text for "Login" can be changed in the language settings of Debut Theme. To find this, go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Languages > Customer

On this page, you'll be able to change the text from "Login" to what you'd like.

Other text settings like size, font and color are located within the theme editor for Debut. To find these settings, go to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings

I hope this helps you out! 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Leon 

@ShopifySupport 

1 Like
Highlighted

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all, 

I want to keep customer accounts enabled but remove the text in my main header. There's already a little person icon that lets you login/create accounts so it's redundant to use the header for it. changing the language didn't help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
205 1 45

Hi, Overdrive. 

Which theme are you using? Take a look in your theme language editor (Online Store > Themes > More Actons > Edit Languages) and search for "Customer Accounts". If you can find it there, please provide a bit more information on the theme you are using and I'll take a look to see how to get rid of the text from the main header. 

Cheers,

Leon 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I'm looking for help with the same issue. I want the "Log In" option on my Nav Menu but would like to remove the link for "Create an Account"; how do I do this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
748 42 135

Hi, Olive!

Katy here from Shopify - just helping out!

If you would like to remove the option to create an account, and only allow customers who already have an account to log in/ send account invites yourself. This can be done from within your theme's code.

To do so you will first need to make a duplicate of your theme. Info on how to do so here.

Then, if you could navigate to your admin > online store > theme > actions > edit code > templates > customer-login.liquid.

From here you can wrap the code which allows for the creation of accounts, in comment tags. 

To do so you will need to: add {%comment%}  on the line above  <!-- Create Account -->   and  add  {%endcomment%}  on the line  below   <!-- End Create Account -->    

This will then hide the code & option for creating accounts on your site, instead of deleting it. This allows you to add it in again at any stage with ease should you choose to do so. 

Do let me know how this goes for you or if you need a help at any stage.

Cheers,

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello, my shop is having the issue where it prompts for an email at the login even though Customer accounts are disabled. Please take a look at the URL and assist me. https://fashion-life-kids.myshopify.com/
0 Likes