Needs help with store

natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Hello,

I am very new to this and have two questions:

1. I can't seem to set up my google analytics - meaning i don't know how to get the string code. I've looked at the instructions but it doesn't seem to be the same version so some of the options are not available to me.

2. Do i need to create an email for my shop and how do i do that? Currently i have my personal email in there...don't think that's the best idea.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2199 214 459

@natalia1000 

Happy to help find the solutions to these questions! 

1. Are the instructions you're following the ones provided by Shopify? If no, then following our help document here will be your best bet to getting GA set up. If you are following our help document, and you're getting stuck, could you let me know which step you're getting stuck on specifically? 

2. A business email would be up to your discretion; however, it would help build your credibility. If you purchased your domain through Shopify, then you can set up email forwarding. If you're looking for a full email experience, then I'd recommend using Zoho (free) or Google Workspace (paid). 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Thanks so much Peter.

I looked through the guide for google analytics. I cannot seem to get the AU that i need to copy and paste. What I am seeing in Google Analytics is not the same as the guide. The dashboard is slightly different.

I did set up my domain through shopify so i will try the hyperlink you provided.

Thank you! 

Hi!

May be you have set up  account on Google Analytics 4, In older versions you can find tracking code easily in property settings.

For Google Analytics 4    >>

>> Login to your Analytics account 

>> Click on Admin 

>> Below property settings you have seen data stream 

>> In Data streams in all tab click to your website

>> Go to tagging instructions,Add new on-page tag,  You will  find G-tag

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->

>>Copy and Paste this tracking code in <head>...</head> section of your code. 

For more Shopify Expert help you can get Free Trial here

Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2199 214 459

@natalia1000 

Hmm! I'm not sure on that one then. If the steps @avdhesh provided didn't work, then I'd recommend reaching out to Google Support for further assistance on getting the proper account created. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Thank you so much!

I am getting an error message in shopify - says the following "Analytics snippet does not look valid (UA-xxxx-x)

Actually it takes Old universal analytics code. You can left it bank. just Copy tracking code  and paste it in head section of your website code.  

0 Likes
natalia1000
Excursionist
18 1 4

Thank you.

Sorry, can you send a screen shot where I copy it? I try to do it in the google anaylytics section but gives me an error.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Hi! 

Sorry for late reply!