Network connectivity issues with some Wind 3 and Fastweb customers from Italy

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

@Mila_Serena_Di_  Same issue, did the solution on this thread work for you? To change record A to 23.227.38.64?

Thanks, Sharon. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 5

@Sharon_Juliana yes it works! but is a temporary solution, once they will fix the problem we should all go back to the primary ip I guess

1 Like
3 0 0
Si alla fine ha funzionato!
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0
Ok perfetto, sto aspettando che funziona, speriamo bene. Grazie!
0 Likes
3 0 0

Today 2019-11-06 the problem result as solved but it's not. The shop I can't reach is for my fave Youtubers, they have 20 milion + subscribers, for me it's impossible contact them to change the server settings. It's a problem Shopify must solve it's own because not everyone will use this solution

0 Likes
Highlighted

We've been dealing with these issues thinking it was our third party domains for the last two months and finally today we find out from a contractor that these issues are coming from the Shopify end.

No email was ever sent to ANY SHOPIFY OWNERS to inform us of the potential threat / breach going on.  We have lost time, money, and other valuable assets.  Because of this our holiday campaign that we were prepping to launch is no more and we've had to made detrimental changes and restructure our entire model and even now shift our target market.

I understand that things happen. There is risk involved in all business period. But this is ridiculous.

Now NONE of our domains can be shared on Facebook where 90% of our traffic comes from.  I think all Shopify patrons would like to know what is SHOPIFY going to do to ensure this will not happen again or atleast that the threat and risk is properly mitigated.

Im starting to reconsidered this whole hosting service. If my organization is only using it because of its "easy integration" to social media platforms maybe we need to reconsidered how we reach our customer and discontinue this partnership with Shopify.  Im going out on a limb but ill assume most shopify owners are first time users to e-commerce in general.  people who have no idea the amount of work that still needs to go into a business to succeed will sadly be the ones who suffer the most from negligence like this.

Best Regards,

Billie G.
1 Like
Tourist
9 0 1

Here from Italy, I'm still unable to access the plethora of Shopify shops. Crazy.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
Absolutely crazy! And no communications whatsoever. Hope the IP fix worked for you!

1 Like