New Collection not importing to Facebook shop, but products are

aeranicus
1 0 0

Hopefully experienced folks can help me with this issue.

Yesterday I created a new collection in my Shopify store and added a couple of products successfully. I have a connected FB shop that has been up and running for a couple months with no issues.

My new collection has not appeared in the FB shop, although the products that it contains do.

Also, the collection does not appear in my Facebook Catalog Manager alongside other product sets that were auto-generated (i.e. "Store Collection All Products", "Store Collection Beeswax Wraps", etc)

I have checked all the obvious, basic, FAQ stuff that I can think of:

• Store is connected
  • Collection is available in FB store sales channel
  • All products in that collection are available in FB store sales channel
  • No error shown Facebook Shop/Publishing
  • On Facebook Shop/Publishing, all collections appear and are in the desired order.
  • On Facebook Shop/Publishing, "Publish" button is 'grayed' out. I have tried rearranging collections order and re-publishing, to no effect.
  • I have disconnected and reconnected my Shopify to and Facebook page. Looks like I will have to wait for it to be re-approved before I see if anything is corrected.

Any advice is appreciated.

•  
0 Likes
I'm having the same issue. Can anyone please help
stehalv
1 0 0

Having the same issue, product set is correct in facebook catalogue as well

0 Likes
brand-hound
1 0 0

Me too , any more ideas

0 Likes

Hi all, With help from the Shopify support team mine was sorted.

In the FB business settings make sure the below is not active on the Admin account 'Manage jobs' Publish and manage jobs, view and manage applications and create ads.

That was all it was.

0 Likes
lwb2885
1 0 0

Where did you find this "Manage Jobs" section in the admin settings?

0 Likes
George1234
1 0 0

Go to > https://business.facebook.com/settings > Users > People > Pages > Click the drop down arrow > Manage Page

Change to these settings and your products should show up in your Facebook shop catalogue.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 14.08.38.png

0 Likes
cannon2020
Tourist
3 0 4

You are misunderstanding the question. The products are there in the original poster's data feed. The COLLECTION is not there.  Here's is what I have come to understand - there is no way to connect Shopify collections to Facebook SETS. Facebook SETS are created manually, which is really bad.  I have 1,000 items in my SALE collection and cannot move that collection into a Facebook SET except one by one.

Does anyone else have a solution???

thepacha
Tourist
8 0 1

I have the same issue . no collections whatsoever on Facebook since in moved to the new Facebook channel. it is not realistic to recreate the collections by picking the products one by one in Facebook . totally useless . does someone have a solution ? thanks

YassineF
1 0 0

Hello I am having the same issue, it used to be automatic with the old Facebook App for Shopify, but it is no longer working with the current one. Only products are syncing not collections. Have reached out to shopify for help but could not get any help there. Anyone found  asolution to this problem? 

0 Likes