New Collection to be added onto website

Solved
WilliamC
Tourist
9 2 1

Hi,

Currently, all of the products listed on my website don't have price. On each product page, only have "Enquiry Now" button. If the client is interested, we will discuss the details via e-mail, facebook or telephone etc. Basically all of the transactions are done offline and the main function of the website is only for display purposes.

Now, I would like to create a new collection. Under this new collection, all of the products have price. And if the client is interested, they can add into cart and then pay online. Once we receive the payment, we will arrange the delivery.  Just like what the other online shop usually do. I have tried by myself but with no luck.

Therefore, the question is how can I create a new collection with all those features without ruining my current setting.

In other words, in the future, I can still add the products onto my current existing collection with "Enquiry Now" button feature and if I want to, I also can keep adding other products onto this new collection to sell directly online.

Hope it explains and by the way, I am using debut theme at the moment.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Will

www.fineclassicantiques.com 

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10041 119 1877

This is an accepted solution.

It's hard to give you specific advice here given we don't know how you hid the prices in the first place. 
At a high level I would imagine that you could:

1. Tag the products you want a price to be shown for. Adjust the code so it looks for the tag and decides whether it should continue hiding or not
  2. Create a collection just for those items. If the item exists in that collection then do a similar thing to the tag method. Do keep in mind that you can also create an alternate template for that collection that could show prices but you will still need to do work on the cart pages, search, etc.

Regardless of approach, what you're wanting to do is possible.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
WilliamC
Tourist
9 2 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Please find the following questions:

1. How to tag the product that I want to a price to be shown ?

2. How to adjust the code so it looks for the tag and decides whether it should continue hiding or not?

3. How to create a collection just for those items?

4. How to create an alternate template just for that collection and I am happy to do the work on the cart pages etc?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Will

0 Likes
WilliamC
Tourist
9 2 1

Also just wondering as a Shopify subscriber and the debut theme user, is it possible for someone from Shopify help me set this up?

Thanks.

Will

0 Likes