New Locations Feature and Problem with Shipping Rates - Please help

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 1

Is anyone experiencing problems with shipping rates since Shopify introduced the Locations feature? We dropship from a number of different fulfillment services which Shopify has now turned into locations. We've always charged one unified rate for shipping no matter where the products are coming from. Now, however, Shopify is adding together the shipping rates from each location so if our customer's cart includes items from 3 fulfillment services, they are charged triple shipping!!! I'm trying to work with Shopify to resolve this but they are telling me it's expected behavior. There has got to be another way. Basically, I want my customers to be charged the same shipping rates REGARDLESS of the where it is being shipped from. This was the behavior until we adopted the locations feature and now it's broken. Any suggestions how to resolve this?

0 Likes

Hi @gfachler 

You should configure individual shipping costs and settings for each supplier.   Me too searched for an alternative solution but couldn't find it. 

Dropshippinghelps.com We Help Shopify Dropshippers
Hit Like If My Reply Helpful
Click Accept as Solution If My Reply Answered Your Question.
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
7 1 1
My issue was solved by Shopify support. They changed my store to single origin shipping - this keeps the 'Locations' but disables the 'profiles'. It means I can't use new features around giving specific rates for specific products etc. but I can live with that...
1 Like