Solved

New Payment Gateway for Somalia

nouromar
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Shopify support Team,

We are setting up online store for big supermarket chain in  Mogadishu, Somalia.  Credit card access is very limited in Somalia.

People use their mobile phones for purchase and  payment. The mobile payment service is provided by telecom companies. 

The telecom companies provided us an  API gateway to integrate with our e-commerce site  to enable people make purchase online locally.

We requested access for Shopify payment gateway SDK  but so far there is no reply!

If we cannot integrate with telecom API with Shopify, then we cannot use Shopify. Can Shopify help setup this custom gateway. We are willing to comply all requirements.

This gateway will only be used by us for people in Somalia.

We will appreciate your help!

Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)
Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your comments, @nouromar and @Tuk.

I did some extra research for you both, and I was able to find that our Payments team is still making upgrades to the way Hosted Payment SDK applications will be reviewed going forward. While we are not currently accepting new applications, we do hope to launch a new integration for Payment Providers by the second half of 2021.

This is a general timeline and can change depending on a variety of factors, but it's definitely high priority on our docket. 

If any other questions come up that I can help with, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @nouromar!

Thanks for sharing your question in our forums. My name is Olivia and I'm part of the Shopify team.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, did you fill out our Hosted Payment SDK access form?

Applications are currently closed as we make upgrades to how Shopify handles third-party payment processing requests. These important updates will improve your user experience, along with better the procedure for making access requests in the future. As such, there's a temporary hold on new inquiries going into 2021. 

If you had filled out your ask prior, you can expect to hear back from our Payments team within 30 days unless your application was not approved.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Tuk
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi as you says new custom gateway payment in Somalia will provide 2021 when do you think will available this SDK 

nouromar
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Olivia,

thank you for your reply. I filled out The form requesting SDK access. I did not get a reply. Not sure if it was before the hold or after. The payment gateway is the only obstacle we are facing now.  If we get the SDK, we will be able to implement secure payment gateway. 
is there a way you can help us with SDK access when it is ready?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for your comments, @nouromar and @Tuk.

I did some extra research for you both, and I was able to find that our Payments team is still making upgrades to the way Hosted Payment SDK applications will be reviewed going forward. While we are not currently accepting new applications, we do hope to launch a new integration for Payment Providers by the second half of 2021.

This is a general timeline and can change depending on a variety of factors, but it's definitely high priority on our docket. 

If any other questions come up that I can help with, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Warm regards,