New Product - Donation?

Unity_Resale_Sh
1 0 0

I was wondering if we're able to create a "product" (...or if there's a better way of doing this...) to accept donations for a non-profit? Has anyone done this, or something like this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Max
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 80

Hi, there!

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

You could add a product specific to your intended donation and charity, though you'll want to make sure you keep track of the orders and amounts closely. This would give you an opportunity to describe the charity in the product description. 

There are also some apps that were created to help you offer charity and donations, I'd suggest checking them out here. Some offer the option on the cart page and even could allow customer to round up their purchase rather than seek out the donation product specifically!

Let us know what you decide to try out, I'm sure others are also interested in your approach. 

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CherryCheckout
8 0 0

Hi,

I don't know if you're still looking but we've developed an extension that allows you to collect donations and is really easy to integrate and set up.

It also works as a solution to increase customer conversion and retention and is a fun way for your shoppers to interact with your brand.

Have a look and let us know what you think.

All the best

Joseph

0 Likes
stevenullestad
1 0 0

I'm a new user and had the exact same question.  I've checked out the various plugins recommended below and elsewhere and do not see one that just enables someone to enter freeform an amount to donate directly (not for a product) and have it paid for on the checkout page.  If you found something please let me know!

0 Likes
kelseyingram
4 0 0

Hi all, 

Wondering if anyone has answered this yet? We're looking to create a year end donor experience where donors can essentially add different donations to their cart, and give gifts them as gifts in honor of other people.

0 Likes
Cherry-Checkout
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi all,

We have just launched our new donation system : Cherry WIN.

It's compatible with every e-commerce as it works with a redirection link at the order confirmation page or order e-mail confirmation.

The concept to attract donation is easy : we reward your customer who donate with a voucher for their next order. It can be direct or based on a prize draw, you choose your rules! Please have a look at : https://www.cherrycheckout.com/en/win-b2b

Waiting to hear your feedback, best regards,

Jérémy

0 Likes
kelseyingram
4 0 0

Hi @Cherry-Checkout ,

That's not really what we're looking for, since we're not selling physical products. This is just a nonprofit using product pages to add donations to specific programs. 

Thanks though. 

0 Likes
Dan_GRHF
7 0 0

Hi @kelseyingram are you still looking for some help with this?

We are a non-profit that uses shopify to accept donation and receipt them automatically. We setup our donations as products as suggested then use a free app called tax receipts to issue tax receipts automatically. We have also found some work around with other apps for recurring donations and having donation products have a "Donate" instead of an "Add to Cart" button.

Check out our website here (grhf.ca) and I would be happy to give you more details about this if you were still looking for some help.

0 Likes
kelseyingram
4 0 0

Hey @Dan_GRHF, cool store! It looks like you're using pre-defined donation amounts for the products, we wanted donors to be able to enter custom amounts so we actually ended up flipping the amount and quantity fields around on the page layout so all products are a price of $1 and the donor can specify any donation value.  You can check it out at https://support.greatergood.org/ if you're interested. Thank you for the offer, keep up the good work! 

0 Likes
Dan_GRHF
7 0 0

@kelseyingram 

Your setup is very cool. How did you do that? Did you have to use a certain app or some custom coding? I actually think how you have it set it up is what we would want to do. If you would be willing to share.

0 Likes