New Shopify Home page

Tourist
4 0 2

Ok, so i have had the new dashboard for about 3 weeks now,  and my opinion has not changed,  it still stinks, and i still much prefer the old dashboard for everyday use.  

I still have not seen the payout schedule on the new dashboard....is it gone for good??   I am not getting any useable information from the Shopify people at all.  

Yes, the annoying Shopify ads are still clogging up my home page!!   I  am  getting emails from the competition trying to get me to switch to them......gee...do you think they have heard about all the unhappy users here?  

Has there been anyone on here that actually likes the new homepage design and posted raves about it???   I have not seen a single one... just complaints about how bad it is... i'm just saying....

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your passionate feedback and suggestions for us. I spoke further with Alex Massad about the conversation (who you exchanged messages with here before) and thought I would give you an update directly. I'm a Director of Product at Shopify and lead the product development teams involved in our multichannel projects.

I understand you're having difficulties with the first version we've launched of Home. If you haven't already, I suggest you use your Online Store's overview to find all of the data we showed on the old dashboard now in an improved design and layout. How do you find this to work for you? Is there anything missing from this?

Our goal with Home is to give you a feed of information that is timely and relevant to your current business activities. We've started to show some of the new types of data here, but there's definitely a lot more data and improvements still in the pipeline.

Our team is focused on listening to and digesting all of this helpful feedback from customers like yourself (both here, on the phones, and in person). This is informing what we're working on in our roadmap for Home's layout, content, and features. We plan to release new updates as soon they're ready!

Thanks,

Satish

Satish Kanwar, Director of Product @ Shopify
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Hi Amanda, Could you share more feedback with us on the navigation path to your Online Store's data? 

Hi Steven, Have you tried the Online Store's overview? You can find it here: https://shopify.com/admin/dashboard/online. I understand you're finding the new Home difficult to use right now, and I hope our upcoming updates will improve this experience for you.

Hi George, it should appear on your Home as a full card showing your past, next, and pending payouts. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

Agree with everyone that the new Dashboard sucks.

I wish it displayed Online + Pos combined - like it used to - with a graph and the ability to set whatever time period you wanted. 

I really miss being able to look at total revenue over time. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I agree with Doug.  The New Dashboard wastes the entire page by making all of the information available in a centered column.  In my opinion, that is a total waste of space, and furthermore, we really don't care if it looks attractive!  That's not it's intent!  It's meant to be a back end of the website, so it's not supposed to be attractive. The old Dashboard worked fine, and didn't require any changes. 

On the old dashboard, with very little effort, I could track traffic sources, visits, payouts, sales totals, abandoned checkouts, etc ... without having to sift through the numerous side bar channels to find the same information. 

It would appear to me that the devs were more interested in getting a 'Pretty' dashboard out than one that was functional.  I would rather have as much info on a page as I can over appearance any day. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
53 0 12

Hi Satish, 
As you can see, merchants strongly want the old page back. However, in the name of 'progress' I guess that won't happen, so how about deleting the new 'Home' page completely? Just take us to the overview page. We'll still have to click around in the side menu for abandoned cart info etc. But that would be an improvement on the non-page currently blocking us from any meaningful stats.  Shopify could put lamp imagery and blog posts somewhere else perhaps? I used to look forward to logging in and seeing my stats. It's an irritating time-wasting chore now. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 0 4

Yup the new home/dashboard is useless.

And the "solution" is to add another click to go to the online store overview?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Kyle, Donna, Steven, & Doug - Thanks for your additional feedback. We're hearing your frustration loud and clear on how Home can work better for you and which data you need quick access to. We're taking all of this in and working on new updates.

We'll release them as soon as they're tested and ready. I will also update this forum thread.

0 Likes
Excursionist
59 0 3

hi, 

let me say that after all this time, current dashboard is still useless for me, don't even look at it for a second, and 'shop>overview' is there but the info was more clear and well displayed before. The tabs for day/yesterday/week/month/3 months were simple and fast, just perfect... 

sliding menus are also not good for me.

Sorry but while there's some changes that take time to adapt, it seems this is not the case

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 2

Ok,  so the "new dashboard"  has needed some tweeks.  Is what i am seeing now the revision??  

There are still tons of Shopify ads, or links to articles...or whatever they are cluttering up the homepage.  The homepage now has side bars with useless clutter.   The biggest change i see is when you click on "online store"  to see your traffic and data....it is just a bigger cluster of useless data....more cells of information to track features that i am not using.  The type set is getting smaller and smaller to accomodate the clutter.  

After the long wait for the "fixes"  this is what we get?   Oh yeah...that hide and seek sliding navigation bar is still there...and still sucks noodles!

Still waiting on sub-catagories...you know...something useful that actually helps.  

0 Likes