New Shopify Login problems

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

Hi all,

I'm writing to express my sincere frustration at the recent changes made to logging in as an admin.

For me it's very frustrating and a huge inconvenience.

1. It doesn't "Remember" me long enough
    Before, the store would "remember" me for several days, and so I only had to log in every few days.
    Now, the store "forgets" me and I have to log in every day.
  2. Two steps instead of one.
    Before, you could enter both the username and password in one step / screen
    Now, the username is on one screen, and the password is on a different step / screen.
  3. Captcha is annoying and time consuming
    Now I lose about 5 seconds every time I log in because of the goddamn Captcha.

Shopify, please can you enable settings to do eliminate all of this nonsense. 

I operate 3 stores, and having to log in 3 times every day like this is a pain in the **bleep**.
I want to log in once every 2 weeks!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
88 10 22

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Lorraine_Woolf1

Emma here from Shopify. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about how these changes have affected you and your business.

Here at Shopify, we value our relationship with merchants like you, above all else. We strive to make commerce better for everyone. This includes the ways that we can improve our service.

As an entrepreneur myself, I completely recognize how the additional steps have taken something like logging in (or staying logged in) to your account - a seemingly quick and simple task - and made it into a source of frustration for you, especially when it interrupts your workflow.

Please know that I have personally sent your feedback about this up to our development team. Specifically, your requests to have captcha disabled and to remain logged into your account (or remembered) for longer periods of time have been submitted as feature requests. I can assure you that our development team are constantly evaluating merchant feedback like yours to make improvements to the Shopify platform!

Wishing you much continued success with your businesses! 

Cheers,

Emma | Shopify Support

-Emma- | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

Hi Emma!

Thank you so much for a stellar response.

For anybody that's reading, that is an A+ example of customer service/support. 10/10

I couldn't have asked for a better response.

I'm trying to think the last time I had such a great response from someone in customer support, or even Shopify support.

Please keep up the good work.

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 11

Is there any update on this?
The problem is still driving me insane! ;'(

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1
I’m getting very frustrated here.
The captcha is the most annoying piece of cra%!

I’ve had complaints from clients about this too.

I hope you can come up with a solution or an option to desactivate two step and captcha login.

Who ever had this idea clearly doesn’t have to log into his Shopify admin more than once a day!
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

@Lorraine_Woolf1 wrote:

Hi Emma!

Thank you so much for a stellar response.

For anybody that's reading, that is an A+ example of customer service/support. 10/10

I couldn't have asked for a better response.

I'm trying to think the last time I had such a great response from someone in customer support, or even Shopify support.

Please keep up the good work.

I'm sorry you had to learn that even in the best case response scenario, this forum is a black hole for dev issues. They won't fix this issue, but they sure will mark it as solved. They must have the same people from the Spotify forum running this place.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

I, too, find it VERY frustrating to have to type in my store name (which is 3 words separated by hyphens).myshopify.com and go to another screen to type my email and then a 3rd where (at last) my password is remembered.  I do not stay logged in all the time, so it is doubly frustrating and VERY tedious.  There is a profile ID screen that only makes me type in my email and has a remembered password on the next screen. HOWEVER, that takes me to the screen where I would go to change my biz phone, user profile name, etc.  When I work on my laptop, I actually have to move down to find a dropdown that gives me the option to "go to store."    I can only bypass the store name entry if I use the www.storename.myshopify.com/admin url where I have to type the store name.

I am a retired programmer from the airline industry.... this is poor development and/or undertaken without any input from customers (unless the store supports hiring a person just to log in for the user :-( 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
68 0 12

Hi, any update on this? @-Emma- Thank you

Highlighted
3 0 0
A friend asked me to look at the back end of his shopify store. I then went into his store, came out, he then deleted my access, now i have to reset my password everytime to get into my account, it seems Im going in via email but not the app, but the app won't recognize my password and gets me to reset it. But it doesn't reset it, it takes me into an annoying version of the store, but not three app version. I keep going round this loop and I want my app back. I tried uninstalling and added again, nothing's working.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
73 1 57

Yea this is by no means fixed.  There is no more Captcha but I get logged out at least twice a day while I'm working!  So I'll spend 15 minutes doing a listing and then when I hit save I get an error (because the system has logged me out) and I am sent back to log in again where the last 15 minutes of my work has been lost!  Make me log in once a day and only once, this auto log out is annoying and wasting a lot of my time!