New Shopify Template

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Is it possible to design a Shopify store with a new template and then import the current online store into it?  I do not want to disturb my current online store but want to design a new look for the current site.  Is there a way of doing this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
828 170 191

Yes its possible, you can start designing in preview mode and once its done you can publish it.
Just upload any theme to you store and start editing code and keep checking changes in preview mode.

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for the quick response.  Once I have chosen the template, I just upload it and start from there?  As long as I save it in preview mode I am fine?  Sorry for this but I am relatively new to this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
828 170 191

Yes nothing will change in live until you will not publish it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am concerned that this might not be the best solution.  We have a very large website and it is going to take months to update it.  What will happen when I logoff?  Will the site be updated then?  Is maybe the best solution to create a dummy account and create it that way?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
828 170 191

Yes you can create dummy account and its fine if you are not comfortable to make edits in live store.
And  now I also  think its better because in preview mode you can't preview custom templates.
Thanks

1 Like