(New Zealand) Shopify emails not going to @xtra.co.nz email accounts

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi, we are a small online business selling exclusively in New Zealand. Our Shopify site is generating system emails (e.g. purchase, account, fulfilment etc) that are not being received by any customers using @xtra.co.nz email addresses. There are no error messages or bounce back messages that I can see.

I've raised it with Spark twice and they are hopeless. 

Anyone else have this problem? And a solution?

Cheers, Patrick

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

We have the same problem!!  This is the error message we get 

host mx.xtra.co.nz[210.55.143.33] said: 550 5.7.1

Message rejected due to SPF policy (in reply to end of DATA command)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Here is the response from Spark

Reason

This generally happens when the Senders mail provider/admin have a SPF record/policy in place but the sender have not adhered to the recommended settings then those emails will get SPF rejected.

Next Steps

Emails receiving an SPF rejection indicate that there is a policy (or SPF record) in place, managed by the Senders email provider or Admin. The Spark Business Mail service is rejecting the email based on rules defined in the SPF policy .

It is strongly recommended that email senders adhere to their email server SPF policy.

If you are the email sender and your email is rejected with a SPF unauthorised error, then you will need to contact your Mail provider / Admin to diagnose the reason for the SPF policy error.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 3

I'm having this same problem. Any solution please?

Edit: Found the solution - https://help.shopify.com/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-before-you-start#spf-record

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
165 2 131

We have the same issue but already have the Shopify SPF text record in place.

As others have noted, Spark is an impenetrable wall of bureaucracy, it's still not clear if support even understand what I'm asking after two sessions.

Although an SPF record is useful, it's not as robust as a domain key record (DKIM). The email service, Campaign Monitor, uses it: https://help.campaignmonitor.com/manage-your-own-authentication

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is a way to authorize Email Service Providers (ESPs) to send email on your or your company's behalf. DKIM authentication allows a sender to take responsibility for their email, and is used to help separate legitimate email from spam and phishing campaigns.

Given the importance of order and shipping confirmation emails, perhaps Shopify could implement the more robust DKIM system?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, Have we had any solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem, only with @xtra.co.nz addresses.

I passed the Port25 test as below

==========================================================

Summary of Results

==========================================================

SPF check:          pass

"iprev" check:      pass

DKIM check:         pass

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We're having the same issue, did you ever find a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
No, not yet. :( We have to manually email our customers with @xtra email addresses.

0 Likes