New customer register attempt redirect to /challenge page but it show 404 page

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Recently we activated customer account feature and I just seeing I'm redirected to /challenge page when I try to create new account. I know the challenge page is showing re-captcha for security but it showing 404 page for me.

1. https://www.one-education.org/account/register -> Submit 
  2. Redirect to challenge page ( https://www.one-education.org/challenge ) but showing 404

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9978 110 1787

The challenge page will only be active when it's needed. Directly visiting the challenge page will 404 since it's not active for your current session/actions.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm not directly visiting challenge page. I'm redirected to challenge page automatically when I try to create new account from /account/register page.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9978 110 1787

You might want to send that up to Support. There's only a limited amount that the forum members can do from their side.

• What's your current domain setup?
  • What's the form html for that template?

I can see in the page source (in the browser) that your form is pointing to the myshopify url vs the main domain. That may be impacting on the challenge url - especially since there'll be another redirect in play. 

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted

HI there. I know that it has been nearly 3 years since you posted this question, but can you recall if you ever found the solution. We migrated from Magento to Shopify so had many many people to ask to reactivate their account.  I keep seeing www.cocoroselondon.com/challenge appear on Realtime (Google) or on Zen Desk and I can see it is linked to account activation. I have to say Shopify Help has not been great, I feel it must be an issue with the account activation, and want to create a redirect to a help page or help page .... but I'm not sure what exactly the customer does to get to that challenge page. I've not experienced it myself.

All help greatly received.

Best wishes

Gareth

Cocorose London

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Jason,

Hope you are well. I'm getting in contact because I see that you have answered some questions on this before.

Looking at Real Time / Google Analytics / Search Console - I can see the URL of /challenge. Watching site activity live we can see that customers get there when looking to create or activate an account.

I just wondered if you can help with a question that Shopify Help couldn't.

What is the /challenge url / page

How does it happen? 

I would like to understand the path to it, how the customer gets to it, so I can perhaps fix the issue for them.

Perhaps I can create a page with a possible solution and create a re-direct.

Thank you,

Gareth  (Cocorose London)

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

For me, the problem was this.

In your shopify admin, go to Preferances, scroll down and UNCHECK the "Enable Google reCAPTCHA on contact forms".
No logic, i know, but for me, is not working if this is CHECKED.

After that , you will see google google recaptcha on that page

shopify google capcha problem.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 7

That worked on the contact form but not on Register a New Account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3

oh wow this is why i'm always seeing it in my GA. And same issue here, the removal in Preferences did NOT fix the ERROR when creating a new account. Customers get a spinning re-captcha wheel of death then say it can't be reached. NOT COOL, Shopify. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
3 0 2

Had the same issue when tried to login to the staging shopify store with one of my own testing accounts. Unchecking the captcha option for contact forms worked for me.

Shopify, is there a reason to redirect user to challenge and then back to login page without any message of why that was happened? Is it too complex for the company with market cap of $127B?

2 Likes