New look admin

251 0 0

What happened to the search box when in products? Now we have to scroll to find what we need.

The search box is now accessible from every screen in the very top navigation bar. You can find your products, orders, etc. with a bias depending on which screen you're on. That means if you're using the search box while being in the products area, you'd rather see your product (than a customer with the same name) and vice versa

0 Likes
Tourist
76 0 2

@ Daniel

In response to the blog comment you wrote to me:

Derek: you can find the SKU tally in your products area, at the top click on “inventory view”

I think "tally" isn't the right word.  I should have said "total" number of skus out of stock...this is what's missing in the new UI.  Is it possible to bring it back?  I miss this convenience.

https://simplysuperheroes.com - Free Shipping In The U.S.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
116 0 21

@Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt replies - much appreciated. What I'm still no clearer on, though, is why these changes have been implemented without any consultation, beta-testing or advance warning. Is this normal? I saw plenty of communication / testing of the new text editor. This Admin change has instantly had a much bigger impact, yet the first we knew about it was when we logged in this morning.

I do also need to pick up further on a couple of the replies.

So why take them (checkboxes for collections) away from the 'create' page? Why put another step into the process?

Let me look into that. They do make sense being on the create page. So we will have to update that page to enable them there as well. Thanks for the feedback!

We 'create' on average 300 unique products per month. We will have to edit every one of them until the checkboxes are put back on the 'create' page. This is a tedious task and an unnecessary cost for us in the meantime. If you'd consulted shop owners beforehand this would have been immedioately obvious. How quickly can you fix it?

Interesting that Shopify deem they have the time to fanny around (quaint, English phraseology!) with cosmetic changes when the update required to continue accepting Maestro cards is a year overdue!

This is not constructive for the discussion. Please contact our support regarding this.

Sure, but not before mentioning here that Support have effectively 'blanked out' this issue by saying that they can give no estimate for the update to enable us to accept Maestro cards again - this is costing us and many other Shopify users in lost sales. Forum posts on this issue have also been locked. If you have further, 'constructive' news on this issue it would be great for everyone to hear it.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
388 0 4

The search box seems out of place up there. It almost seems as if you are searching shopify and not your account.

I recommend removing the the state that makes it dark. It's ok when you click into the field.

Fine Art and Photography by Matt Mikulla --> http://mattmikulla.com
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 3

I think I could prob get used to it all, so far it looks grand. I haven't been through it all yet but can I please ask a question about this:

"What's with the 'photo' of the customer?  Unless this is a precursor to customer accounts, I so don't see the point of the clutter

I don't see how this is any bad to make the order a bit more personalized. Yes, it is a precursor to something.."

Is it going to be a way to offer loyalty points to frequent clients? I do love Shopify but the nature of my business dictates that I need to offer a loyalty scheme, and fast.

I also need multi currency and was able to see a workaround due to some helpful folks on the forums, but it still looks like I might have to migrate elsewhere as I don't have time to implement a scheme that involves me exporting and sorting manually.

Thank you in advance for your response. I would hold on if I thought this feature was coming soon, like in a month or two.

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/
0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
314 0 11

Forum posts on [maestro] have also been locked

Hey Paul, can you please point me in the direction of the thread that was locked? We never lock threads on these forums unless of profanity, spam or any other logical reasons.

Regarding the date for Maestro, I promise you that we aren't sitting on our hands doing nothing. Getting integration for the platform is a 2 way process between Shopify and 3D Secure. We would try to give you an estimate but the last time we tried we ended up missing the deadline and don't want to give you another date we aren't sure about.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
116 0 21

Hi Mark,

The 3D Secure thread I was following was this one:

http://support.myshopify.com/discussions/questions/1760-3d-secure

It was deleted on the basis that 'there's no news'. In fairness, having just searched the forums again for this issue I have found other threads re 3D Secure that are running.

Certainly don't remember any misdemeanours on the thread linked above - not even from me!

0 Likes
4 0 0

My search doesn't work at all now. Ti won't bring up a single product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
36 0 0
If an order is marked as potentially fraudulent you will see a very big obnoxious warning. It's now way more obvious than it was before. If there is nothing to worry about then there is no reason to show anything.

There's still less information, which is never a good thing when you're talking about payment.  For example, I process all of my payments through PayPal, be they credit card or PayPal payments.  PayPal provides different information for different payment types and also for overseas vs. domestic credit cards, and it would be obvious to me before what payment type was actually used and how safe the order was to ship by looking at what fraud checks were done.  Now all I have is "Processed by PayPal Website Payments Pro", which is the same for every single order.  So I have no idea what payment method was actually used and what checks were done unless I log in to my PayPal account, and that makes a difference because ultimately, *we* are supposed to judge whether or not to ship an order we suspect of being fraudulent, and we can't do that if we don't have all the information.

I think this is a case where it's just better to be safe than sorry.  Just give us the information - don't assume that because everything checks out ok, that we don't use that information anyway.  We're not supposed to be relying fully on the computer to do our fraud protection for us, we're supposed to take the information that the system gives us and make a judgment.  This is actually really important - this could cost us money.

A store admin isn't just supposed to look nice; there is a certain level of information that we have to have, regardless of whether a designer thinks it clutters things up or not.  I do think there needs to be less thought put into beautification and more thought put into presenting a complete set of information to store admins.

Also regarding the collections checkboxes.  I have about 40 collections in my store - my customers want to shop both by brand and by clothing type - and the way it's presented now is very unwieldy.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the order.  Before, it was at least obvious that they were in order of creation date, so I could easily find the collections I wanted to tick off.  But now it just looks like kind of a jumbled mess.  Could we get an ordering of some sort to the list of collections?

http://www.tokyorebel.com
0 Likes
251 0 0

We addressed some of your concerns including copy/pasting email addresses, indication of whether customer accepts marketing, text contrast. Please let me know if there is anything else that doesn't work as intended.

Simply Superheroes: Thanks. I misread that. We actually got many complaints from store owners that they find it annoying to always see a number of products that are out of stock because they would always have seasonal products out of stock. I think the solution to all this is a better organization & overview for inventory management. Like i said above, inventory management is something that we're wanting to improve.

Waltzingmouse: I noted your feature requests but I can't promise any details regarding the two things you want

Cassandra: I just checked the search and for me it is working. Could you create a support ticket and provide some more information (regarding your store, what you're trying to find, etc.)

Tokyorebel: It's a good point you brought up with Website Payments Pro. Please let me take a look at how we can give you that information. If the collections are in an arbitrary order, then that's not how it should be and we will fix that. However, if you're saying your customers want to shop by brand or product type, how come you're not using Smart Collections?
I am extremely aware of that a store admin is not just supposed to look nice. I have to strongly disagree with you if you believe the changes just took away usefulness and replaced it with prettier design. There is a lot of thought behind every UI decision. We're computing any feedback for further iterations of our UI (as a matter of fact current changes were a result of prior feedback).

0 Likes