Why can't I tag new Shopify products on Instagram after iOS upgrade?

Maysamson
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi! I would like to ask help on solving below problem:

My Instagram is working well and tagging products was never a problem, even if I add new products on Shopify. I always make sure the sales channel includes Facebook to make sure it links to my Instagram shop. Everything has been going well until 2 days ago when I added new products and suddenly can no longer tag on IG. 

I upgraded to the new iOS and that is the only new thing I did. Does that have any effect? 
What is the best way to solve this issue? 

• I can still see FB and IG are connected and active in my Shopify settings

• In the IG settings,  I can still see the product catalogs (FB and Shopify) in my IG and even reflects the same # of products I have across all sales channels. 

However, if I go to the shop feed - only products posted before the OS upgrade are there. Hence, tagging new products is now no longer possible. It says “No product found.” each time I try to tag newly added product. Please help! Thanks

Replies 12 (12)

Solutions1
Trailblazer
152 12 24

Helloo Maysamson!

Make sure that your account has been approved for Instagram Shopping. Make sure that you have set up the Tagging option in your Professional Account. Lastly, make sure that you are using the latest version of the Instagram app. You can tag your existing posts after you post them to

If still did solve issue we can discuss it further

Thanks,

Solution1

Chanelle86
Visitor
2 0 3

Yes!

This exact thing happened to me. Anything new added to shop since friday , the tag does  not appear. 

Nothing to do with updates or website approval as all old tags work. Very annoying. 

lovehuvet
Excursionist
14 0 7

Having the same issue. Really frustrating

hayleyscloset
Visitor
2 0 2

I am having the same issue! I talked to Facebook support Friday and they could not determine the issue. So I emailed Flexify support & they mentioned it is a Shopify bug. They told me that it should be fixed this morning & I just need to refresh my feed and product catalog, but I am still not seeing new items on instagram after I've done this. Hopefully they will fix it soon! It is really hurt my sales this weekend!

Brassbirdie
Visitor
1 0 1

Still having issues…has anyone’s resolved? 

Chanelle86
Visitor
2 0 3

One of my accounts appears to be fixed but not the other one  

beespokeofdevon
Visitor
2 0 1

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. I did manually add a product on FB ecommerce which then appeared on my IG account to tag however my newest product is on my fb items list but not showing up on IG tags.

hayleyscloset
Visitor
2 0 2

I am also still having issues and have not had success with support. Considering manually adding products in the meantime to see if it is a work around. 

Corsettery
Visitor
2 0 0

I am having the same issue. I have the previous tags working, everything connected and approved. And even catalog connected to the "shop"

But when I want to tag anything "no products found"

I have reconnected everything I could, reload and recreated catalog and so on.

If someone could fix this, please let me know how. I just hope it is a bug and will be fixed by shopify or Facebook asap

ModernSocieties
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm having the same issue! Has anyone heard back about this? Facebook and Instagram approved, products are approved - they're just not showing on my Instagram product tagging list. Tried reinstalling Instagram app and refreshing Facebook sales channel on Shopify - nothing is fixing this... very frustrating! 

beespokeofdevon
Visitor
2 0 1

Mine seemed to sort itself out after trying numerous things to no avail! Give it a few days and hopefully all will be fine. 

VictorisS24
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue.  I'm connected to Facebook & Instagram and my store has been approved.  I have 0 issues until a few days ago I can no longer tag my own products from my shopify store in my reels.  I went into every setting I can think of to try and see what is wrong but can't seem to figure it out.