New spammer account creation tactic - Abandoned Shopping Cart

Steve82
Excursionist
19 0 31

So I think there is a new spammer account creation tactic, create the account in the checkout process. I just saw 2 bounced abandoned cart emails with junk shipping information. I then looked at the customers section and there are 2 new users.

This might be a matter of time before they start to use real email addresses again (if not already happening) like the last major issue below. Do you have a fix Shopify? Working on one?

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Shopify-Spam-Customer-Accounts-with-Real-Email-Ad...

Fine Art Landscapes - Sawusch Photography - USScenics.com
0 Likes
SchelleDocSt
2 0 0

I read through the entire other thread trying to get this fixed, but live chat told me they would not add the captcha.

I have been trying to get this fixed by getting Shopify to add a CAPTCHA to my new customer account form, but they are saying that is only for PLUS store customers.

I had 120 new fake customers with $0 spend

0 Likes
ShopProtector
16 0 0

Hi everyone,

You could use Shop Protector app for this. 

There are 2 products, broken up by plan type, for SP (Shop Protector). SP Basic focuses on form spam and fake account creation. 

SP+ has this functionality too but adds the ability to configure rules to protect against bot-based checkouts, customize risk analysis settings, how to handle auto-cancellation, bulk cancellations, and much more coming soon!

0 Likes