Hello everyone! I've recently created this shopify store to sell my jewelry. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Traffic is good but conversion rate is extremely low. If you have a solution let me know!
Alex here from the Shopify Support team.
I think your site looks great! It's simple, easy to navigate, the images are gorgeous, and you have really valuable information readily available to your customers. I love the fact that you have details of what to expect on the product page, and support links on the home page.
Also, the fact that you're seeing a lot of traffic is a great start - congratulations! Of course I understand we want to turn that into sales, though.
I'll include some general resources for improving conversions below, but I'd also recommend checking out an app like Lucky Orange, which allows you to track your customers via heat maps on your store. With this, you can get an idea of when and where the customers are abandoning, and work on making any changes to that area you think will help!
I hope this helps! Feel free to follow up with any other questions.
Alex | Support
Sweet site! Make sure with all this traffic you're a/b testing and improving your design over time based on numbers, nothing else! This article is super helpful.
I have a couple ideas:
1) Make your reviews more prominent. For example add the stars/number to the thumbnails on collection pages, also add the stars/number of reviews at the top of the product page, so the first thing you see is that star rating.
2) I think a .shop domain extension will have a bit less trust than a .com. It's a clever domain name, but the .com is the standard and just feels more trustworthy.
3) You can optimize your images to make your site load faster.
- I would stick to 1 banner image instead of multiple in a jquery slider
- Your Google PageSpeed Insights report shows that you can save 400kb+ just by optimizing your images.
To optimize, use an app like Crush Pics to automatically compress them (choose "lossless" setting to keep the same quality). Then run a PageSpeed test again and if there are any remaining image warnings, you likely need to resize the image in your liquid code (meaning your theme is loading up too large images)
4) I like the social proof on the home page with the review slider and Instagram widget... consider adding your About link in the header so every page has a quick access to About. I think with jewelry like this people want to know how they're buying from.