New to Shopify; quick question

1 0 0

Hello! I've just recently begun to create my products, listings, etc etc in general setup everything. I was wondering if the the item I list automatically ships from the seller or I need to manually contact the supplier each time an order is placed. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 14 14

Hi there, @Duveyduv!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! It sounds like you might be dropshipping, is that right? Where are you sourcing your products from? I'd be happy to give you more insight or the general processes of dropshipping or using third party fulfillment services.

If you're using the Oberlo app to import products from suppliers, you'll be able to submit your own orders through there once a customer's order comes in. The order will also populate in your Oberlo dashboard, at which point you can follow the steps listed in this guide to complete fulfillment. Other dropshipping apps may have similar steps, but it'd be best to contact them directly for more information.

Some third party suppliers will have their own apps which they can integrate with your store. If they don't, you can set up a fulfillment service in your Admin by going to **Settings > Shipping**. In the Additional shipping methods > Custom order fulfillment section, selecting Manage integrations will take you to the Accounts and integrations page where you'll be able to click on the Add fulfillment service button in the Custom order fulfillment section. Here you'll want to input the name and email address of the custom fulfillment provider. Once this setting has been saved, any items or orders you mark as Fulfilled in your Shopify Admin will send the fulfillment service an email with all the order information so that they can fulfill it for you.

I hope this information helps to clarify the processes of fulfillment when outsourcing products. If there's anything I can elaborate on, please let me know!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes