New to dropshipping, Need Help

LDN_Dropshipper
Excursionist
52 0 11

1) I placed a test order and it says order is Unfulfilled, what does that mean?

2) The order number which was displayed was "1001"... Where does the customer enter this, this isnt the tracking number right? When does the tracking number appear?

3) When does the payment for the product to be then shipped to the customer happen? As I dont see X amount taken from my account to buy the product to be shipped to the customer

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 89 143

Hi @LDN_Dropshipper,

Hyde here from Shopify.

Great to hear you're trying out dropshipping!

Your order says "unfulfilled" because it is down to you, as the account owner, to fulfill it. I’ve made a video here on how to fulfill an order. When you see an order in your admin, you will need to first go to your Oberlo app and order it from the supplier. This is when you make the payment to the supplier to have the product shipped to the customer. The video shows you how to do this. Once you fulfill the order, you then need to go back to your Shopify admin and click the ‘fulfilled’ button. This will send a notification to the customer saying that their order is on the way.

The order number (1001) is generated automatically in your store admin:

21-02-ve26o-2nv8u

If you are dropshipping then you will want to familiarise yourself with the shipping process. There’s an informative Shopify Blog called Everything You Need to Know About ePacket Shipping: ePacket Delivery Explained that you simply must check out.

Also, be sure that you are using Google’s Chrome Browser on your desktop, and that you have added the Chrome Extension for Oberlo to your browser.

Feel free to contact Oberlo via their email address hello@oberlo.com for any more information. They also have some helpful guides within the app if you would like to have a look at them.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes