New user confused on cancelled order

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

I'm a new store owner and got my first sale yesterday, but it was marked as high risk of fraud so I cancelled it. On the Shopify web site, everything looks normal: order has been cancelled. However, I got an email later from Shopify saying I had XXX dollars in sales (from that order) and this morning an electronic deposit for that sale. Double checked everything on the Shopify web site again, and it shows the order cancelled and that payment amount REMOVED from my payout. 

confused .....

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
443 18 61

Hi, @sandjwarehouse 

Elle here from Shopify. Happy to help you with this!

When cancelling an order, a full refund will be processed by default! If you received the payout for this order, it's likely because the order was not cancelled within the time it took to process the payout for the order.

As long as the order is fully cancelled, the payout will be deducted from your bank account.

You can refer to the order timeline to see the payout details, or head to your payout section under Settings > Payments > View Payouts within your admin. I hope this helps clear things up! If you have additional questions, I'd be happy to look into this further for you. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes