Newbie - how to drive Traffic to my website

mygiftshack
Visitor
1 0 0

Ive been online 1 week, but I'm getting very few hits on my website (mygiftshack.com) what magic do I need to do to get people to find my website.

Thanks for any tips

Replies 5 (5)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey, @mygiftshack!

This is Moira from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for posting, and a very warm welcome to the Community! It’s great to hear you are wanting to implement some tools to help drive traffic to your store as this is a very important part of running an online business. Learning these tips and tricks early on in your entrepreneur journey is very commendable! I certainly have a few suggestions that will help your website appear on Google so customers can find your store.

What steps have you taken to improve your search engine ranking so far, and have you looked into any forms of advertising such as Facebook Advertising? People who find your online store in a search engine are probably looking for products like yours, so they are more likely to buy something.

Here are some steps that will definitely help you improve your store search engine ranking:

• Rename the image - When uploading an image to a store, make sure to rename the image with a descriptive file name that will relate to the product in the image. By doing this, the search engine can understand what the image is related to.

• Use keywords - Search engine filter searches using keywords and so make sure these keywords appear in your page titles, image ALT text (good for people who have visual impairment), meta descriptions, and page's content. Here is a guide on how to add keywords to your store.

• Meta descriptions - Products, Collections, and Pages all have meta descriptions that you’re able to customize yourself, in the Edit website SEO section at the bottom of their admin pages.

• SEO description - There are a couple of things that you should keep in mind in order to have an SEO description that ranks well. You want to write the description as if you’re writing it to a potential customer, touching on descriptive words about the product and its use. A lot of the time merchants list keywords without any structure, thinking the more keywords the better - but this is not the case. We have a great blog post with further detail on this.

• Submit your site map to Google - All Shopify stores generate a sitemap, a site map contains all links to your products, product images, pages, collections, and more. The search engine uses a sitemap to suggest your site so that your store's pages appear in search results. To enable the said feature here is a video on how to verify your site with google and how to submit your site map with Google.

Once you have tackled the SEO suggestions I have mentioned above please reach back out and let us know how you got on. I’m happy to answer any questions you think of as you continue to work on your business.

Cheers

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 484

Dear @mygiftshack 

• SEO
  • Paid ads
  • Blog update in your store
  • Content marketing
  • Community participation
  • E-mail marketing
  • Youtube channel

sameule
Visitor
1 0 0

there is a lot of options to rank your site easily and get your desired traffic on your site because here is the very hard competition in the market everyone wants our site ranked on google first page or another search engines so, due to hard competition this process is so difficult and time taking but, you don't worry, I have better solutions for your problem. Here, I have the best platform were to discuss your site traffic problem the platform is Stampa Prints that provides the best SEO services as well as packaging services in the USA or worldwide. Reach us to complete solutions for your site traffic.

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi @mygiftshack 

You can follow this guide to drive more traffic to your website.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
CeciliaGreenber
Visitor
1 0 0

Build an email list and send regular newsletters or updates to subscribers. Provide valuable content, exclusive offers, and personalized recommendations to encourage recipients to visit your website. for more info visit