Newsletter Signups Not Showing Up in Customer Section

2 0 0

Hello!

I recently added a Newsletter Sign up section to my website. I also added the Shopify App to be able to create email marketing campaigns. When people sign up at the bottom of my homepage, at wisdomriverdesigns.com, it says 'Thanks for subscribing!' but then the emails are not added to my Customers >Email Subscribers tab. Is there something that I am missing for this connection to be made? I am using the Envy template. Is there an update that needs to happen?

Thanks for the help in advance, Shannon

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 57 181

Hey, @WisdomRiver!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, thank you for sharing the link to your store. I've just gone ahead and signed up using the email address, "test@shopify.com". Do you see this email address anywhere in the Customers section of your admin? You mentioned that the email addresses don't appear in Customers > Email subscribers. However, you see them in the general Customers section of your admin? 

If not, then it sounds like the issue is theme-related. I managed to track down some documentation for the theme developers for you; this can be accessed by heading to their page in the Shopify Theme Store and selecting "Documentation". You can also access this directly through your theme editor, by heading to Online store > Themes > Customize > Theme actions > View documentation. It turns out that they actually have a help doc that specifically pertains to the newsletter section. There, they indicate that these types of issues are often theme-related.

When it comes to third-party themes, the developers will be able to help troubleshoot issues like this, so it would be a good idea to get in touch if you haven't done so already. We also have some information about where to find support for themes here

Lastly, are you using Shopify Email or a third-party email marketing app? Because the email addresses aren't being added to your Customers list, I'm hesitant to suggest that this is an issue with your email marketing app, but it would still be helpful to know exactly which app you are using. 

Looking forward to your response!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0
Hi Julie!

Thanks so much for your response. I do not see the test email anywhere in
my Customers section, so I believe it may be theme related.

Thank you for the helpful documents & links. I will look into it ASAP!

I am using Shopify Email, so I don't think that should be the issue.

I really appreciate your help!

Best,
Shannon @WisdomRiver
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 57 181

No problem, Shannon! Thanks for following up and confirming.

If you aren't seeing the test email, then yes, this definitely sounds theme-related. Have you had a chance to reach out to the Envy developers yet? This will be the best course of action, as they should be able to examine your theme's code and get this resolved for you.

Best of luck!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes