Solved

No More Phone Support for Shopify? Can't Get Support! Being Over-billed - July 2020

CoffeeMike
Tourist
3 0 11

For the past hour and a half I have been looking all over for a Shopify support phone number and I can't find anything. The old number I had is disconnected. Is it really possible that an e-commerce site has no phone support in 2020? Why the hell would I use this platform then!? I'm a busy small business owner who runs almost everything by himself, and now I have to spend hours looking through documentation in the "help center", just so that I can realize that my questions have still not been answered. No support email either? What kind of service is this! What a waste of my past two hours.

I did find a post on May 25 2020 indicating

"Please note the phone callbacks will be available depending on our current contact volume. If you don’t see the “schedule a callback” option, please reach out via another support channel and we’ll be happy to help!"

I didn't see any option for callbacks! "Please Reach out via another support channel"? What other support channel? No phone...not online chat...not even something as basic as a support email address! By "other support channel", do you mean writing a post on this forum? How is it that a big company cannot even properly direct their customers to reach another human being that can help use their software? 

On Shopify's plan pricing page, each of the plans has "24/7 Support" checked off. I'm paying for this plan. Where is the support? Do you mean by 24/7 support that I can write a forum post anytime, and hope that someone eventually contacts me? That's your idea of "24/7 Support"? That's a straight up lie. 

I would have cancelled my subscription right away if it wasn't for my outstanding questions which will likely go unanswered.

1. I'm being overcharged on my monthly bills. I looked at the "help center" article for my billing, but all it does it break down how the monthly bill is created. It doesn't help me understand why I was charged the amounts that I was.  I need someone from Shopify billing to call me back and explain these charges on my credit card. I'm on the basic plan and I'm getting charged much more than $29 USD per month. 

2. I have a question about temporarily hiding variants of a product. For example, I sell roasted coffee in 1lb, 3/4lb, and 1/2lb bags. So three variants per coffee type. I would like to know if I can temporarily remove the half pound variants (not remove it, but hide it from my store), so that I'm only selling 1lb and 3/4lb bags. 

3. Question about the pricing for one of the premium themes as well as one or two other quick questions 

I'll wait and see if I get a response within 24 hours (even though I'm paying for "24/7 Support"....they should really remove that from their Plan Pricing page). If no response, I have no choice but to remove my site, re-set up everything with another e-commerce site which actually allows you to speak to someone to get help (something Shopify used to do), either by phone (best), online chat or even just a damn email address. What a waste of time.

Mike

Accepted Solution (1)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @CoffeeMike !

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I do apologize that the callback feature isn't available at this current time. As that message had mentioned, the feature is only available depending on our current contact volume. You do have the option to contact our team via chat, email, Twitter or Facebook. You can be assured that we are working on it. We are trying our best to help every one - I am happy to help you out today. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, but it would be best to take this conversation to email so I can properly verify your store before I look into billing for your account. What I will do is reach out to you by sending an email to the email address you have on account for your Shopify Forums Community account. Be sure to reply back to that email so we can continue our conversation and so I can look into your store for you. 

I will be in touch via email! 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 23 (23)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @CoffeeMike !

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I do apologize that the callback feature isn't available at this current time. As that message had mentioned, the feature is only available depending on our current contact volume. You do have the option to contact our team via chat, email, Twitter or Facebook. You can be assured that we are working on it. We are trying our best to help every one - I am happy to help you out today. 

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have, but it would be best to take this conversation to email so I can properly verify your store before I look into billing for your account. What I will do is reach out to you by sending an email to the email address you have on account for your Shopify Forums Community account. Be sure to reply back to that email so we can continue our conversation and so I can look into your store for you. 

I will be in touch via email! 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Aaron12345
Visitor
2 0 2

I am having the same issue.  I started the year with 3 stores and have closed one and paused another.  My CC is getting charged 2x per month from shopify and I need to know where the extra charge is coming from since this charge isn't reflected in any of my open stores billing cycles.

I do not see live chat or phone support anywhere...I keep going through loops in the help center.

Please let me know how to contact support with things that are not possible to resolve in help documents???

CoffeeMike
Tourist
3 0 11

After submitting my post, I was contacted by the Shopify support team at this email address: support@shopify.com

Why they don't highlight this email address in bold lettering at the top of every screen, i don't know. 

Good luck!

Aaron12345
Visitor
2 0 2

Thank you! I appreciate the reply.

It appears they have to contact you first from this email now. When I try emailing this address I get the below response. 

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for contacting Shopify Support! A support ticket has not been created.

From August 13th 2019, we have changed how you create a support ticket by email! As part of these changes, support@shopify.com no longer accepts incoming messages. 

sherman123
Excursionist
11 0 9

Why is there no support anymore!!! this is unbelievable. I emailed shopify support, received an email back with a link to contact, chat or email then it lead me to the same thing. THERE IS NO CONTACT INFO IN THAT LINK. Has anyone figured this out yet?? There is no excuse for this, it should not be this confusing if you have an issue with your store.

ManifestMonarch
Visitor
1 0 2

This is insane!!! How is there zero options for support? Has anyone found a way to call/chat/email shopify to ask questions? 

dgilbertoyuk
Tourist
3 0 3

Just curious.. who is eligible for phone support?
I was talking to a customer and they mentioned they 'spoke' with someone at shopify.
How do I get on this list?
Do we have to pay?

the-reversaable
Visitor
1 0 0

ditto to all of the above - I have been trying for 2 days to get some idea of where I can get help for my Shopify store; I go to help page this is greyed out, chat sends me to help page which is greyed out - when I fill in the contact form it never submits only highlights in red "needs to be filled" yet I have already filled each section.  I am totally frustrated and IF I did not already have my store with Shopify would move to another provider.  All I want to do is order card reader - I am about to go face to face selling and need this item.

sherman123
Excursionist
11 0 9
Go to their Facebook page. I believe there was a live chat, but I did find the help I needed by doing that. If the chat’s not avail on Facebook send them a message there.
rongjinggao
Tourist
8 0 0

can shopify please help answer our emails or at least share the contact information

been going through the same frustration -- cannot find any contact or chat or phone option, when we did get through the phone, twice, the calls were cut off?

our site is showing a pitiful slow speed, been told it is just fine?!

Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 3

Just thought I would share as I found it after a long time looking:

http://bit.ly/3iuePsg;

Follow these steps:

* Pop a question in the box

* On the next page, click the button "Contact Retail Support"

* Choose "Chat", "Email" or "Callback".  If callback is not available check back a bit later.

I got a callback very quickly.  Hopefully you will too.  Hope this helps.

FDNCanada
Visitor
1 0 1

This worked for me and I requested a call back, they say it'll be 40 minutes. This was tough to find, thank you Bonnie!

snapdragondesig
Tourist
4 0 5

I was on live chat for 45 min and got nowhere....in fact..."Simon" ended the chat and the screen disappeared...why is this do difficult???

I am just trying to sort out some billing issues...so BAD Shopify...

KateSam67
Tourist
4 0 2

I am paying for this account because they used to offer great phone support. Now there are tons of problems doing very basic things, like loading a product photo, and nobody to help trouble shoot. Goddammit! This is a massive and infuriating waste of time and I will figure out yet another way to rebuild my website. Used to be a great company and now it sucks.

G4werkz
Tourist
3 0 1

Your response is incorrect, the feature is never available. So why don't you guys just be honest and say, since covid your company doesn't feel the need to have phone support.

gammagrace
Visitor
1 0 0

Agreed, this is really frustrating. I just wasted an hour looking for answers to no avail.

Suddenly, I cannot view product pages and get the very cryptic message: 

"There’s a problem loading this page
There’s a technical problem with Shopify that has prevented this page from loading. Try reloading this page or going to another page in Shopify. If that doesn’t work, visit our status page for updates and try again later."

I looked for support options and see "Shopify ...24/7 support", but this is so untrue--unless you consider searching through community comments as help.

Can it really be that they did away with telephone support and do not have a chat option to replace it with? 

Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 3

Just thought I would share as I found it after a long time looking:

http://bit.ly/3iuePsg;

Follow these steps:

* Pop a question in the box

* On the next page, click the button "Contact Retail Support"

* Choose "Chat", "Email" or "Callback".  If callback is not available check back a bit later.

I got a callback very quickly.  Hopefully you will too.  Hope this helps.

Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 3

Read my reply at the end of the thread.

Pamela_Klecan
7 0 0

I am having the same trouble.  Can't get ahold of anyone.  Very perturbing.

coconutgal
Visitor
1 0 0

I have also been trying to reach someone in customer service for several days. I have so many Issues I need help with on my website. I need a phone number to contact a live person this is not something I could even say in an email because it’s so complicated.

sherman123
Excursionist
11 0 9

Message them on their Facebook page. I think there’s a chat button on there, but if not, send them a message. I got ahold of someone really quick that way.

Also when you go to help center from the Shopify website, make sure to click on whatever options you need help with, I believe they show you options of what you may be having trouble with, just click through one of those and I did manage to get the live chat option.

KateSam67
Tourist
4 0 2

I am having the same problem. I chose Shopify years ago because they had great customer support. The first thing they reduced when they got popular was customer support. So infuriating. I've been thinking of switching platforms for the last few years but have already invested so much time into building this website and am trying to run a business, not spend all day dicking around with the website. Good luck finding the contact info for support when you log in. A new window opens and sends you through the cycle again and again. Total waste of time. Looking into other options now.

PoseidiaEcho
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also BEYONE FRUSTRATED. Shopify is now doing the one thing that has made me stop promoting my Amazon store. THEY HAVE ABANDONED ANY SUPPORT VIA TELEPHONE. Instead I spent half an hour in a chat box talking to a bot, then a "support person" and was promised a return phone call -- but haven't received a call yet. IF SHOPIFY WANTS MY MONEY - they need to do better. I need to talk to a human and I don't want to discuss banking information with an anonymous person in a chat box. Shopify was my go-to place for selling my products ONLY because they had helpful phone support. THERE IS NOW NO REASON TO CONTINUE WITH SHOPIFY. And why did the chat box idiot (who was clearly not fluent in English) lie to me that I would receive a phone call?