No Option To "Create Shipping Label"

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hey there, so I've been dropshipping with shopify since late January.

After getting emails regarding customers' orders "haven't been arrived yet" 

I finally got enough sales to own my own inventory. 

Now, I'm trying to fulfill this order without Oberlo, but there is NO option for "Create Shipping Labels" 

The only two options are to "Mark As Fulfilled" & "Fulfill In Oberlo"

I've watched countless YouTube videos and all of them had the "Create Shipping Labels" option. I really need help on this! 

I just got an order and can't seem to find how to fulfill the order without Oberlo! 

If anyone can help out, I will be so grateful!

Thanks 

fulfill.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
197 29 31

Hi, @Pablo808,

Hank here from Shopify. 

That is awesome that you are now managing your own inventory, great work!

Buying a shipping label can be done within your admin, but it does depend on how the order was placed or how it is tracked.

For instance, as you were using Oberlo, are your products inventory still managed by Oberlo, or is this now managed by Shopify?

Once the product inventory is being managed by Shopify, you should be able to purchase a shipping label within the admin.

Can you check your products are no longer associated with Oberlo within your admin then try to purchase the shipping label again? 

Let me know how you get on with this!

All the best, Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello, Hank! Thank you for replying to me! 

I could see that might be where my problem is! How do I change my management settings for my products? 

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

So I was able to change the way my product was being managed. I changed it to being managed by Shopify. I tried seeing if it would let me create a shipping label and there was no luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
197 29 31

If you go to products > Inventory in your admin. Are all of your products appearing as Shopify (your address location) or is it still as Oberlo? If Oberlo, that is where the issue is coming from, as the system thinks all of your inventory is being managed by Oberlo.

I will share this guide about inventory transfer which shows how to do it one by one or by using the bulk editor. Can you try doing this, as once all of your products and variants state that they are not associated with Oberlo, that should resolve this issue for you.

Let me know how you get on!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Yes, they are all showing up as my shopify address. 

My products are managed by Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

So, I have two products in my store. I updated the products with all their variants to being managed to Shopify. (Also edited their quantities to what I had)

I went back into admin and confirmed to see that all my products showed to my location. (None were Oberlo) 

I logged out and logged back in to refresh the admin and still no luck :/ 

Whenever I try to fulfill my order, I only have two options to "Mark as fulfilled" & Fulfill with Oberlo" 

I think the only solution I could think of is to purchase postage for this order through my local post office so that I can fulfill it. Then to delete all my products and remake the products without using the oberlo platform. 

What do you think? Is there another option for me I could try? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
197 29 31

Apologies for the delayed response my friend.

That could be an option, although it is a bit more long-winded than another suggestion I have, now that you have confirmed you have changed the inventory and tracking numbers options above.

There are two more ways that this can be done within the admin, to help you create shipping labels going forward, which I will share below.

Duplicating your products would be the first option I would advise of. In that guide, it shows you how to both add, and duplicate a product, I would try this option first, then remove the original two products that you have in your store. As the original products were created within Oberlo, that is why it is still showing that connection in your admin.

Another option is to remove the Oberlo app from your Shopify admin if you are no longer using Oberlo to host the products. Removing this app will sever the sync betweenOberlo and the Shopify admin. This would also give you the desired outcome.

Let me know which one you choose, and how you get on with this my friend!

0 Likes