No Organic Traffic

Kir1
2 0 0

Hi ,I opened my shop a couple of weeks ago and I have 0 organic traffic. None. If you search for my (quite unique) store name on google it doesnt pick it up at all, in fact it picks up links to my store from other websites but not my actual store.

I have been told by a couple of Marketing people that you are in a google sandpit for at least the first 6 monhts, and then if you want help with SEO or marketing you have to spend over £1500 per month on it which is obviously completely unrealistic for someone like me, and I have no idea if spending that kind of money would bring in enough sales to even cover that.

I have tried doing ads on facebook and instagram and get a few people through but no sales at all. I spent a lot of time trying to make the website appealing and easy to use, and I am pretty sure of the niche and did plenty of research. My instagram account took off fairly well but I dont seem to be able to drive traffic away from instagram to the website.

I am wondering if wordpress would have the same problem? If I have to spend thousands of pounds per month is it better to spend it on a website that you can build from scratch? Would that get more traffic? I'm thinking perhaps web based small businesses are not really able to draw any traffic nowdays and its best to think in terms of selling in the real world instead? My site is www.kirschhome.com

Thanks!

0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
505 21 60

Hi @Kir1 

Your store is quite new so it must take a time to get visitors to your site. If you want to get visitors soon, you should try paid ads such as Facebook ads, or Google ads, ... or try a free one but it takes time: SEO. For the details, you can read these guides below:

And this guide: 10 Ways to Drive Traffic to your Shopify store

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Kir1
2 0 0
Thank you for your reply, and for helping, I will have a look through those and see what they say!

I am trying to look into SEO but it does seem like it can be quite complicated….I will persevere!

Thank you
0 Likes
Edward-Newgate
Navigator
505 21 60

Yes, it takes a lot of time with SEO, you need to have a basic knowledge about SEO, your niche, keyword research skill, onpage optimize, offpage SEO, patient, and more.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes