Solved

How can I fix a connection error message on my website?

Bohemian_Sunday
Tourist
5 0 2

I am getting a message that there is a connection error. My internet is working but my website is not

It's saying the website cant be reached

www.bohemiansundays.com unexpectedly closed the connection.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Can anyone please help me reconnect my website asap?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution (1)
Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with getting your domain. At this point, Shopify isn't able to assist with this as we can't provide external support services for GoDaddy and all other 3rd party domain hosts.

I would check in with the domain hosts you've attempted or had the domain registered to. They would be the best place to start with to buy your domain back.

When you do have a domain to work with on a 3rd party service you will access your DNS records through that host, not Shopify. However, in my previous reply, I included the guide on the DNS records you will need to add to the 3rd party domain so that your store can connect to that domain once you buy it back from your 3rd party host.

Be sure to check with that 3rd party site Who.is, as I did in my previous reply, to check that your domain is registered properly to you.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Bohemian_Sunday!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I took a look at the link you provided and it looks like the domain you bought externally has expired. Which means that you may no longer own it.

Here's a screenshot of the site your link took me to:

This page is a common page where any domains that aren't registered usually take someone to.

I then took a look at the public records of the domain registration at Who.is and found that the domain was indeed expired. Here is the Who.is page that is associated with the domain you're using.

I also took a screenshot of that page to show you what I'm seeing here:

From the information above that I found online, it looks like the domain you have was bought on GoDaddy and perhaps you haven't turned on auto-renew or payment must have failed on your GoDaddy account and caused the domain to expire on February 17 (a few days ago.

I recommend checking your GoDaddy account to ensure you have the domain registered and owned. We don't have control over that since GoDaddy isn't part of Shopify. Once you've done that you can check to make sure that you connect that 3rd party domain to your Shopify account using this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Bohemian_Sunday
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Lilith thanks for your help. I actually renewed with Registry.com for two years.  I've just tried connecting this domain through shopify and registry.com following their instructions. I called theeir support but they need my DSN records from Shopify but I cant find where they are. Now my email is not working either

If I have renewed with Registry then why is it still saying it has expired?

Bohemian_Sunday
Tourist
5 0 2

Ok so I didn't realise I still had this domain registered with godaddy and now it has been taken. What do I do now. They are saying I need to buy it back. Thats not to say they will sell it to me.

I cant access my emails now either. Is this issue linked? I have made my secured domain the primary one but everything is linked to the one thats no longer available.  I have no idea where to start with this

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

This is an accepted solution.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with getting your domain. At this point, Shopify isn't able to assist with this as we can't provide external support services for GoDaddy and all other 3rd party domain hosts.

I would check in with the domain hosts you've attempted or had the domain registered to. They would be the best place to start with to buy your domain back.

When you do have a domain to work with on a 3rd party service you will access your DNS records through that host, not Shopify. However, in my previous reply, I included the guide on the DNS records you will need to add to the 3rd party domain so that your store can connect to that domain once you buy it back from your 3rd party host.

Be sure to check with that 3rd party site Who.is, as I did in my previous reply, to check that your domain is registered properly to you.