No VAT for Non EU customers

1 0 0

HI there.

I am about to launch my website seliing irish music online and I have the prices on the store to be inclusive of VAT - for example €14.95 will be displayed in the store for all customers regardless of their location. 

What I would like to happen is that when customer selects their country, where it is Non EU, the cart displays the price with the VAT taken off (VAT rate is 23%) so it would display €12.15 (essentialy it is a 23% discount for non european countries) 

Is this possbile? I have searched many forums but as of yet I have not found a solution.

Any help would be much appricated as I am keen to launch the website shorlty. 

Kind regards, 

Michael

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 0 41

Hey Michael, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

We do have a page in our Shopify Manual that goes over how to customize your theme so that both international and domestic prices appear for all your products. It does take some code customizing in order to achieve, however, the steps are all laid out on this page! It's always good to make a copy of your theme before making any code changes, just in case you need to go back, so check out this page to see the steps for that! 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
52 0 27

Hey Michael,

I’m reacting a bit late to your post but hope this helps too.

Hopefully, you’ve managed to set up everything alright by now. If you still have some questions about including/excluding taxes from your product prices see this article.

And just a little tip from us: Here’s a brief guide on how to set up your taxes for your Shopify store in Ireland. This might help you check if you’ve got everything set up right.

Hope this helped a bit.

Have a great day,

Katy @ Sufio, invoicing app

0 Likes