No more phone support??

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys!

Did Shopify discontinued phone customer service? I’ve just noticed I’ve been charged for the same store on two different cards and trying to contact them...pls tell me it isn’t so Thank you Jovana

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
589 60 109

Hi @JovanaDjuric

Hyde here from Shopify.

Over the past two months, we have had a huge influx of new merchants on the platform. Most businesses have had to pivot to online sales only due to restrictions on physical interactions put in place because of Covid-19. Our support team is trying to support these 100's of thousands of new merchants, as well as the merchants that have been with us for years.

The queues we were seeing on our phone lines because of all these new merchants were causing a huge amount of frustration, so we have temporarily closed them. We do have a callback service in place where you can request a support agent to call you back at a set time. Our email service is still active, though you would need to send the email directly from our support contact page here. Emails you create manually would not reach us, but emails you create from within that support page will.

Moving forward, we do plan or reopening our phone service and we are currently in the process of increasing the size of our support team so we can deal with the demand. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such trouble with contacting us, this is not the experience we would like merchants on the platform to have! I will be leaving your feedback with our internal team so it can be passed back to our management.

In relation to your comment about being charged for the same store on two different cards - this isn't actually possible, as you can only link one credit card to your Shopify account. It is possible that you may be accidentally created two stores with similar names and have been charged for both. You should first find the store(s) by entering your email addresses (you may have used different addresses) here. Once you've done that, reach out to our support (linked below) and we will be able to help you further. 

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 1

Thank you for the explanation. Can this message be front and center on the support page and in the recording when we call? Otherwise it's a cold reception without knowing why things changed. The response actually felt cheap when I called and when I searched the support site for how to call only to finally realize it was removed by learning from a Google search. I was thinking Shopify sold out and was now becoming the next Comcast --- YIKES!

Highlighted
1 0 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Has a very Comcasty feel to it, like you guys are trying to get one by us.  Your website that's targeting new customers literally says that you have phone support.  Perhaps you should focus on actually servicing the customers you have with your limited resources instead of chasing new business.  What kind of bait and switch is this?  Luckily I haven't needed support until now, but I'm feeling very by my own here.  

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have been using shopify for over 3 years. It was great. 

Easy to use and understand. But more importantly, I knew I can always reach out to a support member. Now that they took away this option I will be switching to a new platform. 

0 Likes